Meet the Neighbours

Tony Sighe

Yep been there done that, it hurts like nothin else - get yourself an engine hoist ;)  ;)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Crash Override

• Mark Purves

• Blatman

Yep been there done that, it hurts like nothin else - get yourself an engine hoist ;)  ;)

Did use an engine hoist but as I had given my word I would do it for Robc I don't like to let people down, although he as well as my wife questioned my sanity!

Anyway the good part is that the engine looked good in the car and he only needs the body now.

As for the pain, yep it is bad but I think Blatman is correct with the Kidney stones being worse. My dad had those and the treatment did not used to be lasers, it was a hook down the pipe if you know what I mean.

Passed (as in p******** out) both of mine. The hook sounds eminently preferable...

Passed (as in p******** out) both of mine. The hook sounds eminently preferable...

A friend of mine had those.  came on quite suddenly and pain so bad he nearly passed out.  The hospital broke them up with ultrasound but it was 'a long time passing'.  He was worried that they might take away his PPL, as they can recur.

Then he went to Australia on a flying holiday and turned a quad bike over with his wife on the back and broke his collarbone.  Luckily she was only bruised and did not give him too much of a hard time.

He was worried that they might take away his PPL, as they can recur.

They can recur. I've had them twice. Both times they were small, but still incredibly painful. The "cure" is quite simple. Try to ingest some citric acid every day...

Having read through the route notes from Crash to process the MSA approval I wish we could make it. anyone in doubt about going along then go, it looks like a great event

Thanks Simon, that means a lot to me coming from the C2C road tour King. I really hope you can make it down, be good to meet you and put a face to the name as like so many others I'm yet to met in person.

Malc.

be good to meet you and put a face to the name

You probably won't be saying that after you see the face :)

Andy (running for cover)

be good to meet you and put a face to the name

You probably won't be saying that after you see the face :)

Andy (running for cover)

You can't run far enough fast enough Hawkins

You can't run far enough fast enough Hawkins

Just let him sort out his own car at Curborough, if that's the way he's going to be :)

Luned

Just heard back from Simon that the MSA have approved the Cotswold route so that's absoulutly fantastic news, thanks Simon  :t-up: