Meet the Neighbours

Tony Sighe

We're just under a month away from our big Summer event in the Cheltenham, Gloucester & North Wilts Area.

"Meet the Neighbours" on Saturday 2nd/ Sunday 3rd July - at The Highwayman Pub on A417 near Cirencester

Any Westie owners from any area are welcome to join us for all things Westfield with free camping overnight. Yes! A 'mini' LeMans atmosphere - but without the racing!

Here's the itinery:

10am - arrive, park up and start to 'meet the neighbours' from other WSCC areas (other 7 types expected too! )

11am - People will begin to drift off on the (casual) 70 mile Cotswold Tour - tulip route book given when you pay your nominal entry fee of £2 - you'll need a navigator! (numbers may be limited to meet local enforcement regulations - tbc).

12 noon - 4pm  people still arriving with:

- lunch/snacks available in the pub (all afternoon and evening)

- People setting up tents (camping is free in field owned by pub, toilets available)

- Club merchandise available (tbc Neil?)

- Set up your 'bring & buy stall' from bits/spares cleared out of your garage

- Sound testing available

- Suspension & general set-up advice from Track Developments (tbc)

- People (hopefully) arriving back from the Cotswold tour

- Mass gathering of 7s in the huge car-park (locked overnight! )

5pm - 7pm - BBQ available - get tickets from the bar

7pm till very late - drinking, chatting, drinking, camping & drinking  (no houses nearby means no noise restrictions!! )

Sunday morning (8am ish - onwards) - Breakfast available in the pub for minimal cost

No events planned for Sunday

Have a casual morning - leave when you're ready/able!

So..... If you're coming - leave your name on here (or email me) & I can do a tot-up to help the Landlord manage numbers for catering.

Should be a great day out without the need to stay sober and drive home!!

Get your pass stamped now!!

See you there?

Tony

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Crash Override

• Mark Purves

• Blatman

I'm planning on being there with Blatgirl.

Need the number of a local B&B though. I like to keep Blatgirl in the manor (sic) to which she has become accustomed...

If I can get the Westy SVA'd and registered in time, I'll bring it along, otherwise it will be the tintop.  The memsahib will also be along for the ride.

There's a Travel Lodge just a few miles down the road to the South, newly built by the look of it.   08701911701

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/84/Cheltenham

That would be to the North and it's a fair way to go, it's about 12 miles got to be a good 15-20 minute drive. Police patrol that part of the A40 quite regular too as it's the main drag in between Chelt and Glos.

Why not try the Colesbourne Inn, 2 mile drive down contry lane if that - if your doing the run out you'll go past it on your way back. Phone 01242 870 376, worth a try.

4189.jpeg

I'll be there with my son.

There's a Travel Lodge just a few miles down the road to the South, newly built by the look of it.   08701911701

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/84/Cheltenham

That would be to the North and it's a fair way to go, it's about 12 miles got to be a good 15-20 minute drive. Police patrol that part of the A40 quite regular too as it's the main drag in between Chelt and Glos.

Why not try the Colesbourne Inn, 2 mile drive down contry lane if that - if your doing the run out you'll go past it on your way back. Phone 01242 870 376, worth a try.

4189.jpeg

Thanks Crash...

Failing that, there's all the 'usual suspects' in Swindon...(Holiday Inn Express, Hilton, Ibis etc...)

Andy

No need. Got the last "cheap" room at the Colesbourne. All that's left are 4 poster rooms. Been there, done that, got the rope burns :0

So we are going to be there subject to life, work or the weather getting in the way :t-up:

Very strange.....

I amended my posting on accommodation within minutes of putting it up.   I meant the Cirencester Travel lodge, which is indeed South of Syde, yet all your postings that followed mine still show the Cheltenham link - what's happening there I wonder?