Duratec SVA and weigh-in

Glen H

Oh and my sprint car this year now it has a sierra diff and shafts (heavy) weighs ~605KG with me in it in race trim ( the car not me!!;).

this is a light VX motor (cast block - no flywheel to mention)

Heavy Cast 6 speed Quaife box

Sierra Diff + axles

Aero + Carbon Mog Seat x 1

Carbon pannels throughout 1mm + 2mm Floors

RAC Bar in CDS

Red top 15

Big Wiring loom (WF)

Image Wheels with Cross Ply tyres - as light as you get

Race bodywork

Deffo would be interesting if people fancy back to back weighing all the cars at Curborough + any road cars that are about. We could publish the data.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• Nick M

• Glen H

• adhawkins

wheres the handbag icon......

unfortunately a little less but your  in the right ball park.

Just as a point my race car 1992 SE with a Vx fitted comes in at 544kg with 3/4 of a tank. bl**** Vx lump :D

Shaved me legs,changed undercrackers to thong,got haircut,been in sauna for two hours,rubbed car down with T cut for ten hours.........still can't go any bl**** faster :bangshead:

Right, time for the weigh-in

I'll get the scales to Harewood this weekend, but I need a responsible adult to look after the tackle as I'll no doubt be busy.  I also want someone else to record & publish the weights of cars in Westfield World, as not everyone has boardroom access.

Nana's, you must have a digital camera, so pics of all the cars with weights & owners anticipated BHP would make a good article...of real interest will be driver weights.....Rob!

If we set it up correctley, we can check camber angles as well.

Sounds like another day at the workshop for me......

:sheep:

BEC's owners prepare to be disapointed! Everyone know's how much I luv BEC's!!!!!

See you Sunday,

Paul

...of real interest will be driver weights.....Rob!

[Cough / spitting stella over the screen.]

I would love to take part in the driver weigh in but I, [cough] have to check up on some problems at the burger van at about that time.

:p  :p  :p

If we are carrying on with this weight thing though.

My Narrow bodied X-flow with a few trick light weight bits weighs in at 501 kgs with haf a tank of fuel and all other liquids in it  :love:  :love:  :love:

It is a touch heavier with driver on board  :durr:

BEC's owners prepare to be disapointed! Everyone know's how much I luv BEC's!!!!!

Keep an eye out for errant feet creeping onto the scales then.... ;)  :D

I frequently weigh mine at 435kgs, in its current spec of full cage, 5kg wheels and radial tyres. This is on calibrated scales.

In its previous days of mag wheels, acb10s and no cage, it used to be as low as 410kgs, and the SVA weight indicated it was slightly lower than this. These weights are oiled and watered but with no fuel.

I think John Cobbs weights confirm a Megablade can be this light. Slightly different specs, slightly different weights, but they have both been ~430kgs at some point in their life.

So I think saying that all Megablades are 470kgs is a bit rash!!

...although I wont be making a 400mile round trip to Harewood just to prove you wrong!

Right, time for the weigh-in

I'll get the scales to Harewood this weekend, but I need a responsible adult to look after the tackle as I'll no doubt be busy.  I also want someone else to record & publish the weights of cars in Westfield World, as not everyone has boardroom access.

Nana's, you must have a digital camera, so pics of all the cars with weights & owners anticipated BHP would make a good article...of real interest will be driver weights.....Rob!

If we set it up correctley, we can check camber angles as well.

Sounds like another day at the workshop for me......

:sheep:

See you Sunday,

Paul

Paul

I will be coming upto Harewood at some point during the day but not with my car (Got to pick up some rubber for DP day on the Tuesday (however my car can be weighed when at yours next week).

What about a lunchtime weigh in? I will be prepared to man the scales/camera & write a pice for WW (been meening to do this for ages)

Andy

P.S. Don't know about the driver weight thing. :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Paul,

What time are you expecting to arive @ Harewood on Sunday and how long would it take to set up, as mentioned in my earlier post, I would be interested in coming over for a weigh in on your scales, however I would have to be back on the road to glorious Manchester by 8:30am at the latest.

This would also be dependant on the weather / my hood arriving and if its fitted

i was only joking when i suggested a westfield weightwatchers meeting.my vx powered car wont be ready but if it turns into an annual event i will be their next year.i wonder how many of the durabang's in question will still be in one piece by then after a few trackdays :oops:  :oops:  :D .

Duratec = ford's disposable engine = not to be repaired = nickname durabang ! :D

i wonder how many of the durabang's in question will still be in one piece by then after a few trackdays :oops:  :oops:  :D .

Duratec = ford's disposable engine = not to be repaired = nickname durabang ! :D

???

Don't know, is there some evidence of a Duratec going bang then  ???  Co's I thought sports 2000 series used them very successfully without any going bang.

A 2L Duratec is not stressed to achieve high bhp, take mine it produces 230bhp and all it's got is a set of wild cams. I bet you and your VX couldn't get that with just a set of wild cams, so that means a VX would be more stessed and likely to go bang first and BIG STYLE :D  :D  :D  :D

Paul,

What time are you expecting to arive @ Harewood on Sunday and how long would it take to set up, as mentioned in my earlier post, I would be interested in coming over for a weigh in on your scales, however I would have to be back on the road to glorious Manchester by 8:30am at the latest.

This would also be dependant on the weather / my hood arriving and if its fitted

I won't be there till 11.00'ish but Paul should be there with his scale, give him a call 01274 680100 to check times etc....