Duratec SVA and weigh-in

Glen H

Just the usual defensive jealous paper talk :D  :D  :D  :D

Pot, kettle and black sprang to mind when I read that....  :p  :D  :D  :D

not been in th US too long then Nick :D  :D  :D  :D  :)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• Nick M

• Glen H

• adhawkins

Depends what you mean by "too long".  Nice place to visit, but living here's a whole different kettle of ferrets....

Not that it is probably worth a great deal....

My megabusa at SVA weighed in at 510kgs without driver and I was slightly gutted by that (although the :xmas: factor soon let me forget it!;). So a Duratec, 15inch wheels, full screen baby at 510kg is impressive! Well done on passing first time!

full tank of fuel

Dry sumped

Freelander LSD

Anti roll bars front and rear

fibreglass seats

aeroscreened

ducted grille nosecone (no ducting fitted)

13inch aluminium alloy minilite replicas and A032R's no spare

RAC roll over bar

4 pot front calipers

(busa engine plus box = 80 kg before dry sumping)

I reweighed my Megablade on Monday.

454kgs, with 21litres of fuel on board. = 438kgs with no fuel.

Freelander diff.

4 pot calipers.

4.8kg wheels, with 185/60/13 Yoko 48s.

T45 roll cage.

Electric reverse.

Fibreglass shell seats.

No carbon.

Stack dash.

So there are plenty of savings still to be made over my spec... my car used to be ~410kgs with the mag wheels, acb10s, no reverse, no cage etc.

Not that it is probably worth a great deal....

My megabusa at SVA weighed in at 510kgs without driver...

full tank of fuel

Dry sumped

Freelander LSD

Anti roll bars front and rear

fibreglass seats

aeroscreened

ducted grille nosecone (no ducting fitted)

13inch aluminium alloy minilite replicas and A032R's no spare

RAC roll over bar

4 pot front calipers

(busa engine plus box = 80 kg before dry sumping)

Now my megabusa at SVA weighed 554 kg.  The spec is almost identical to yours, except I don't have the anti-roll bars, but I do have the padded race seats.  I assume you have the standard westfield reverse box.  

Actually the car was weighed with the tester in the car for the brake test and was 638kg - on the printout for the brake calculations it later shows the car without driver to be 554kg, so I assume he just deducted his weight which by my maths meant the tester weighed 13 and a bit stone.  He looked a lot bigger than 13 stone to me.  

The actual figure doesn't bother me in the slightest because it weighs what it weighs and if I had more money I could buy the lightest versions of everything, and to be totally honest my lack of track driving ability is like having an additional 500kg with me anyway.  But I do still wonder how accurate those scales at the SVA centre are (and how honest the testers are!;).

The only way to compare cars is to use the same set of scales and weigh cars back to back, get them all fully fuelled and oiled and ready to 'race' with no driver, otherwise the numbers are meaningless in my humble opinion.  The whole topic does give us plenty to read about though.

Simon

ACW is taking his scales (& all the other bits to make them work !!!!!!!! Paul :blush: ) to Curborough for the WSCC day on the 19-20 June so this could be our opportunity........ ;)

Simon ... Yes I have the standard westfield reverse box and the standard fibreglass body. The race seats are the unpadded black fibreglass jobbies. New carbon effect plastic rear lights. Tyres are 205/60/13s.

Nice going Ali-up - that is some impressive weight saving with a cage too!

Anyway, the VX engine is too tall, what you need is a nice light squat ford jobbie!

Gets coat, taxi (Ford powered of course), and makes a hasty withdrawl (tactical as opposed to rout)

:p:p:p:p:p

My car is now booked in for a tune up and suspension set up at Northhampton Motorsport for next monday.

I will post the weights etc on completion, unless my claims are found to be incorrect of course  :D  :D  :p

Well? :D

I'm suprised you beet Bananaman to this one.

What more can I say apart from   :(  :blush:  :(  :durr:  :durr:  :arse: