Duratec SVA and weigh-in

Glen H

(individual and DCOE types produce the same power as individual TB's, so there is no real advantage in going individual, and in fact, setting up individuals is more of a headache...),

Agree about the power side of things but setting mine up was a peace of cake and you can get them to flow exactly the same volume of air. If I were doing it again I would go the individual route.  :t-up:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• Nick M

• Glen H

• adhawkins

Oh this is better than Zetec v VX.

Ding Ding round 2 :D:D:D:D

At least the Duratec is in the same division now.. :0:p

Personally I think the Duratec has potential to be as good if not better than the VX, but I'll let others do the testing first... :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I'm not going to dis-agree with that. It does look very promising, but like you, I'll let developement continue for a while yet.....

Blatters I  recon you only need a 225BHP Duratec to make your sprint car faster and have the same power to weight, lighter so better corner speeds etc

Go on you know you want to.........

Come on then who has a 230bhp VX which has only had a non standard set of cams. No head work or forged pistons allowed here, totally standard except cams, TB's and single exhaust downpipes.

Bring it on    <!--emo&:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Not many then ???  ???  ???  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

Come on then who has a 230bhp VX which has only had a non standard set of cams. No head work or forged pistons allowed here, totally standard except cams, TB's and single exhaust downpipes.

[

i fitted my engine last weekend after having it dyno'd so i KNOW what power it has got but the only thing i dont know the origin/spec of is the pistons   otherwise my engine does meet your criteria ie standard head,wild cams on throttle bodies even to the point of using hydraulic followers and when the car is finished/sva'd i will gladly join you at the next wscc shoot out , the loser buys the beer. :p

Bring it on   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Dare i Highlight my signature for the past 12 month :D  :D

At the start of this topic, it was the weight of a Duratec engined car that was in question, again, now that thats been exhuasted its the engines power outout thats getting all the stick and stones, are you all that affriad on moving on :p  :D  :D .

now that thats been exhuasted its the engines power outout thats getting all the stick and stones, are you all that affriad on moving on :p  :D  :D .

Errrrr, with respect :p , it was conibear who was challenging the power outputs of the VX engines and the spec needed to achieve them.  The VX owners are merely defending their honour !! :p  :D

Engine power out of the Durabang is the one thing I have very few doubts about (no more than any other engine) because it's easy to see how it's achieved.  There are no great secrets other than cam profiles (and even they may not be that secret - they just vary from one engine to another (VX to Durabang for example)).

Bring it on    <!--emo&:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Not many then ???  ???  ???  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

As I thought, none ;)

Just the usual defensive jealous paper talk :D  :D  :D  :D

Just the usual defensive jealous paper talk :D  :D  :D  :D

Pot, kettle and black sprang to mind when I read that....  :p  :D  :D  :D