Duratec SVA and weigh-in

Glen H

why dont you cancel the next dyno shoot out and hold a westfield weightwatchers meeting , where people can confess to having increased the weight of their car because they have fitted a new gearknob  :D .FWIW i have been told the weight of a durabang dressed ie starter,alternator,flywheel etc is 100/105 kgs and a vx 120kg in similar apparrel .

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• Nick M

• Glen H

• adhawkins

I easily can get to a 500kg figure, we can't all be talking out of our arses.

Personally, I think many of you don't want to believe these figures but that doesn't matter, if your happy then i'm happy  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

It's is not a case of not wanting to beleive you, it's just when you own a car yourself with all the light bits on it and you have had it on scales. Then some one comes along with a car with what seems to be heavier bits bolted on and it seems too light we are intrigued.

I for one am not out to debunk anyone's claims I just want to know so I can make my car lighter. What would you say if someone came a long with a Duratech car with 17" steel wheels and full weather gear and said it was 450Kgs ?

I agree though we should have a weigh in shootout  :D

I agree though we should have a weigh in shootout  :D

Maybe we could ask Paul@PKM to take his courner weights to Harewood & try & find a level bit of ground :bangshead:  to weigh the cars.

I for one would be very interested in finding out what the weight of my car is now since the post SVA weigh-in & Glen could shut us all up for good... :D  :D  :D

Andy :t-up:

P.S. Nominal donations of a few quid/car to PKM for the a**ing around factor.........what do you think ???

P.P.S. PAul, are your scales water proof. :devil:

What about bringing the scales to Curborough?

Might have to be re-calibrated if they leave Yorkshire...... :D  :D  :D  :D

Blatters have you tried doing a search?

Q990 my Zetec

WR02 XV

GUM pinto

Q170 V8

G10 Standard Zetec Ford injection

F256 1.6 Toyota 20 valve

Think thats right

Oh and one R1 317 bhp @ the wheels don't know who's car it was though

Oh and one R1 317 bhp @ the wheels don't know who's car it was though

1................2.............................3..............................BANG!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D  kin'hell, are you sure thats not 2 R1's...???

[/quoteMaybe we could ask Paul@PKM to take his courner weights to Harewood & try & find a level bit of ground   to weigh the cars.

I for one would be very interested in finding out what the weight of my car is now since the post SVA weigh-in & Glen could shut us all up for good...      

]

Unforunately I have other plans for saturday and sunday ( Iknow, its unforgivable, but blame the missus.) But not wanting to shy away from such an oportinity to watch grown men weep :D i probably would be able to come across very early, aiming to leave for about 9:00am, this would be dependant on two things, 1. Paul can bring his scales, 2. the weather as I have no hood as yet.

But i have to say, well done Glen, I can't get cars through SVA first time at Chadderton, & a very nice build too. Now if it's that light, that would be a great sprint car....speed series next year then.

Paul

Thanks for the comments paul :t-up:  :t-up:

250bhp in 500Kg the SEi W500 has landed.

Be scared be VERY scared !!!!!!!!!!!!   :p  :D

250bhp in 500Kg the SEi W500 has landed.

Be scared be VERY scared !!!!!!!!!!!!      

Glen

I think it's more like 520Kg/260bhp, next RR shoot out & I'll try & make it.

Andy

Just think what i could get with Duratec & Freelander diff.  :D  :D  :D  :devil:

:D .FWIW i have been told the weight of a durabang dressed ie starter,alternator,flywheel etc is 100/105 kgs and a vx 120kg in similar apparrel .

The comparisons are incorrect, as I previously posted :D

I recently weighed my pinto powered widebody at work on a weigh bridge, with a full tank of fuel it was .623t and then when i asked the wife to be step away from the car it went down to .570t  :D ,theres loads of things on the car i could save weight on, but i can't be arsed to spend all that money to save a few lbs, it goes pretty well as it is and when i do get into competing im gonna have a helium suit made up like off the film shooting fish that should save loads of weight LOL :p

Karl

P.S i got a bit carried away with the heluim idea  :down:

Ive not read the thread but would be happy to set my scales up with some ramps at curborough in the padock.