The Long Way North 2: WSCC Club Road trip 22nd/23rd June 2024

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

There was some interesting driving techniques and styles after the cow episode, dodging the inevitable! 

Was the only time I wished for a windscreen over my aero screen…🤔

• Haha 2

I did this run with my grandson Liam all those years ago and we had a fantastic time, driving some of the best roads in the Yorkshire Dales and Northhumberland towards Berwick-upon-Tweed. Nice to see some of the photos in this post especially with the one with Liam stood at the front of the group, sadly my V8 is going up for sale next month or I'd be very tempted to do it again. 

map book 005.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Can you add Julie and myself to the list please Marcus !

• Like 4

On 10/02/2024 at 13:53, Jim cunliffe said:

@Jim cunliffe added :yes:

On 10/02/2024 at 13:53, Jim cunliffe said:

Booked in at Travelodge  Berwick on Tweed also,

1 hour ago, Jim cunliffe said:

Good to hear!  @Jim cunliffe and thanks for confirmation :yes:

18 hours ago, Jim cunliffe said:

Me too, nearly forgot to book till this reminded me!

Are you planning to all meet in Berwick before heading home or to hotel etc. I am contemplating A Long Way South trip for the day.It would be great to meet fellow enthusiasts and admire cars for a few hours. There are not many of us in the north.

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator will be able to give you an idea of our eta at Berwick, tea time-ish?? and it will be great to meet up with you. We will book into the Travelodge on arrival in Berwick and then go in search of foooood. Come and eat, drink and be merry with us 👍

Superb, I will look into in that. Hopefully you will bring the ☀️.

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ansoeb said:

Superb, I will look into in that. Hopefully you will bring the ☀️.

cheers

Andy

Yes Andy @Ansoeb probably 4 to 5 pm, some folks will head home but some of us are staying overnight at Berwick - that could be a possibility for you :yes:

Thanks

Marcus

Quick update for all... details for this trip are in the latest WW mag folks should be getting now, also if you refer to first post of this thread for all info you will see that we are currently booked with 13 rooms of the 20 allocated for the club at Scotch Corner hotel on the Saturday, if you intend to come please book asap to avoid disappointment :yes:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2024 at 19:22, scott_prelit now westfield_bumble said:

I may tag along on the sunday as its  half an hour to scotch corner for me if I can get the sunday night off work. 

I'm booked in if you want to meet up tonka? 

On 19/01/2024 at 09:35, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Just thinking of Monday, if we stop over at say, the Travelodge, Berwick on Sunday night? then that puts us right with the tide times, we can pop on to Holy Island on Monday morning before taking the coast road down past Bamburgh Castle to Warkworth and South.

Any opinions, especially from locals, if that is a good idea? (will have to wash the salt water off when we get home of course)

A19 south, either stick to A19 right through to York ring road then wherever, or head over N York moors on some really scenic roads. Via Castleton, Blakey ridge (lunch at the Lion Inn... Great place to stop), continue south to Malton. Then wherever you need to go. There's not a lot of nice roads along the coast tbh. 

You can avoid A1 from Berwick by using A697. Consett, A68, Darlington, Yarm, Stokesley, kildale, Castleton, lion Inn, south to Malton. Not the fastest route but you'll enjoy it. 

• Thanks 1