Newark Kit Car Festival Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd July 2023 (NG24 2NY)

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

The Newark show has been absent for a few years re surfacing last year, WSCC attended in 2022 and it was a good show, we will be back in attendance this year as a club, we want to set up our pitch with the WSCC arch and a Westfield Avenue with flagsΒ  πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆΒ :westy:πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ:dg-westy:πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ:lb-westy:πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ:db-westy:πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ:lg-westy:πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ:white-westy:πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ:black-westy:πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Β 

Camping is available from 10am Friday 21st of July and a few of us will be going Friday to set up the club pitch. If you want to assist please shout up and it will be much appreciated, otherwise hopefully see lots of club members over the weekend.

Β 

The Show organisers have confirmed as well as free entry to Kit, classic or sports car drivers you can also camp for free!!! (note passengers pay the daily rate for entry and camping).

Β 

More details to follow of club pitch etc in due course 😎

Β 

The Newark Kit Car Show Advert_PR.jpg

Β 

• Like 6

Already offered to help when we spoke at Malvern and you suggested coming early on Saturday morning. At the time I don’t think you were planning to be there on the Friday but can alter our plans if needed. Also relativity near. AndrewΒ 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Count me in @Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator.

I can be there from Friday to Sunday.Β 

Thanks @Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AOΒ Β :yes:

Β 

22 hours ago, Yanto said:

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator, I'm relatively local and willing to help, I doubt I'll have a Westy by then so I guess I'll have to pay for the privilegeΒ πŸ€”?

Β 

IanΒ Β 

@YantoΒ Many thanks for your offer to help :yes:Β current situation is only kit car, classic and sports car drivers have free entry, I will advise any changes

Β 

20 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Already offered to help when we spoke at Malvern and you suggested coming early on Saturday morning. At the time I don’t think you were planning to be there on the Friday but can alter our plans if needed. Also relativity near. AndrewΒ 

@AndrewBClarkeΒ Yes Friday if you can please :yes:Β and sorry for confusion, as we can camp from Friday thought it best to do set up as well so we are not rushing Saturday morning.

• Like 1

I can be there Friday till Sunday for round 2, are volunteers still in for free regardless of not turning up in a Westy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Martin Letts - Joint Hampshire & IOW AO said:

I can be there Friday till Sunday for round 2, are volunteers still in for free regardless of not turning up in a Westy

Nope, we have to pay to help, although if we're turning up on the Friday and the show is Saturday/Sunday who will be collecting money?Β Β @Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator, could write us a special chit saying we're the set up crew and let us inΒ πŸ˜‰

19 hours ago, Martin Letts - Joint Hampshire & IOW AO said:

Β @Martin Letts - Joint Hampshire & IOW AOΒ Β Β current situation is only kit car, classic and sports car drivers have free entry, I will advise any changes

Β 

Β 

19 hours ago, Yanto said:

Nope, we have to pay to help, although if we're turning up on the Friday and the show is Saturday/Sunday who will be collecting money?Β Β @Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator, could write us a special chit saying we're the set up crew and let us inΒ πŸ˜‰

@YantoΒ Just to clarify on your response, members attending only pay entry if they arrive in a tin top or as a passenger, all members arriving in a Kit, classic or sports car gain free entry and free camping. If you arrive Friday for camping the show ground is open from 10am (see my first post) so the gate will be mannedΒ :yes:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I’ve put in a request with work to have the Friday off so I can help out all weekend. Trying to convince dad to let someone trailer the car (he’s on holiday that weekend) over so we can have at least 1 speed series car on show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Alex Gaskin said:

I’ve put in a request with work to have the Friday off so I can help out all weekend.

Brilliant!

Β 

9 minutes ago, Alex Gaskin said:

Trying to convince dad to let someone trailer the car (he’s on holiday that weekend) over so we can have at least 1 speed series car on show.

That would be superb!

I'm not sure what days I can do or if I'm camping yet. Unfortunately it clashes with my grand daughters 1st birthday (I know, its difficult to believe I'm so old πŸ˜‚).

Β 

Β 

• Haha 1

Glen and I are available to help and will be attending on the Saturday all day.

• Like 3

FYI wscc are on external plot G3 (note the show info has not been updated to show this yetΒ πŸ‘)

• Like 2

Whilst the map gives no sense of scale, is that stand really going to be big enough? Or is the expected turn out much lower than at Malvern?

Β 

Screenshot_20230629_190159_Drive.jpg.9c2fdb6ffa1094da631f99625f7ff57a.jpg