Newark Kit Car Festival Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd July 2023 (NG24 2NY)

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

5 minutes ago, DIY-Si said:

Whilst the map gives no sense of scale, is that stand really going to be big enough? Or is the expected turn out much lower than at Malvern?

Screenshot_20230629_190159_Drive.jpg.9c2fdb6ffa1094da631f99625f7ff57a.jpg

It looks about the same as we had last year.... I'll try and find some photos

• Like 1

Photo of last year.... we had about 12 cars or so on both days

Sunday

20220724_100521.thumb.jpg.d28d55e32359e1b430f042710c1cedae.jpg

Saturday

20220723_114729.thumb.jpg.73c66a18afbb96438739315251a598a8.jpg

• Like 2

Ahh, I see. Whilst I didn't expect quite the same turnout as THE kit show of the year, 12 seems a long way down from the experience that Malvern felt like for me.

Do you think similar numbers expected this year, or will the success of Malvern translate into greater attendance? I guess the stand looks like it has room for expansion shodluld numbers be higher!

1 minute ago, DIY-Si said:

Ahh, I see. Whilst I didn't expect quite the same turnout as THE kit show of the year, 12 seems a long way down from the experience that Malvern felt like for me.

Do you think similar numbers expected this year, or will the success of Malvern translate into greater attendance? I guess the stand looks like it has room for expansion shodluld numbers be higher!

It was very last minute last year, hardly any notice so people had made other arrangements.

I'd expect a much bigger turnout this year.

Facilities at Newark are much better than Stoneleigh was if you're camping, plenty of hot showers, decent cafe etc.

11 minutes ago, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

It was very last minute last year, hardly any notice so people had made other arrangements.

I'd expect a much bigger turnout this year.

Facilities at Newark are much better than Stoneleigh was if you're camping, plenty of hot showers, decent cafe etc.

Never having been to the Newark show before, I'm pleased to hear it's better than Stoneleigh! I won't be staying over this time, but I do aim to bring the mini-me along for the day.

• Like 2

I should be ok to help setup Friday, assuming I survive donnington on the Wednesday!😂 

Theres plenty of space as there’s loads of camping area behind those plots👍

• Like 2

Last year’s Newark show was the first for years and was organised very late with little time to plan. Even then, the stands were much better than expected and turnout reasonable. It has potential to be really good and as far as I know, lots more people are planning to attend. From the show organisers (Grosvenor Shows) point of view, if large numbers attend this will then attract more trade stands and year on year it will get better. In the meantime, let’s make it as good as we can as this will be better for everyone. 
For people that may need to travel further, the Premier Inn is walkable and if you need more entertainment, the Newark Air Museum is next to the showground 

For one, I am looking forward to it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Glynn Walters said:

Theres plenty of space as there’s loads of camping area behind those plots👍

Correct WSCC members can camp on the G3 pitch area 👍

• Like 2

I'm trying to keep Friday free so I can help. And will definitely be there in my Westy on Sunday (weather permitting) 

• Like 2

It looks like we won't be able to get my Dad's car to Newark, unless someone wants to be generous and bring it up for us 😅

So, since we would like some Speed Series representation at the event, are there any other Speed Series competitors that would like to bring their car along, it would be great to have you!

• Like 1

Depending on the weather I plan to come on the Saturday, I have  family plan on Sunday otherwise I be there both days. 

• Like 4

Wirral and North Wales area will be there on the Sunday.

Meeting 8am at the Tudor Rose for a leisurely drive to the show.

• Like 5

Breaking news just in …..

The WSCC racing SIM will be attending 😎

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1871.jpeg

• Like 2