WSCC at Mallory Park 2004

Mark Stanton

Yep, sensational day out.   Not only the exellent, quick track - hammering through the complex coming down the hill, and round the blind bend, still accelerating hard from the hairpin was magic, but I also got some confidence boosting instruction from Nick - I checked, his hands were not shaking when we returned to the paddock, which is a good sign!

Thanks Mark, and everyone else involved in organising a top day out.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Buzz Billsberry

• Bananaman

• conibear

I also would like to add my thanks to those involved in planning a great day out.  For me, it was my first track day and first chance the really have a go!....

Had a great day (though I can't say the same for my LH front tyre) and looking forward to getting another track day in this year.

I (and my pit girl) were quite clicky with the camera - over 300 pics, so I might have one of you if your were there.....

Not quite sure how best to make these available to attendees, but if you are interested, please drop me a PM with some discription of your car, your helmet, etc so that I can identify you.  If only one or two photos then I can email to you - else if loads I can copy to a CD and then post to you.

Has anyone considered what & how much is involved in having a WSCC gallery of events, so that those that have got photos can get them uploaded - as generally the photos you take are of other people!!  These could be on-line for a couple of weeks, and then replaced by next event etc.

Great day - good sporting atmosphere - fantastic weather.....

Simon :t-up:

Many thanks to all for a terrific first track day for me.

Only one red flag all day was exceptional in my experience of marshalling track days.

Bit worrying being in the higher group but you were right Mark, it was probably the safest place. Just hope I didn't get in anyones way - a wheezy 3 ton, 143 bhp Pinto is a bit flabby when in the company of megabucks balls out racing machinery weighing substantially less than a very light thing.

Notes to self :

1. Yokohamas are better than Bridgestone Potenzas for preventing worrying moments at the Devils Elbow..........er, no, everywhere.

2. Wonder if the 'light of my life'  would like a Duratec for her birthday.  ??? Warning to self: possibly not - the shed last year was not a cosmic success. :oops:

Big Big Thanks to Mark and all the others that organised the day  :t-up: What a fantastic day, my first WSCC organised track day and I shall definitley be doing another.

Mallory, wow what a circuit, only the second track day in th westy and had been put in the intermediate group (I'm glad I was) I picked a couple of really quick drivers and generally kept up with them, I think I did pretty well what do you others think? I was the BRG BEC with the 04 plate, wearing blue Volvo fleece and sliver & blue Bell helmet. (B1)

I had a bit of a trip on the grass exiting gerrads on the first session as I ran just a bit to wide still learning the track, and later on in the afternoon a spin at the chicane after accidentally selecting first gear  :oops:

We all in B group had to have another briefing (ticking off) as five cars had an off together at the exit of gerrards and there were a few instances of overtaking on the wrong side (you know who you are).

Looking forward to the next one I can make it to, once again thanks.

On the theme of thankyou's,

May I also offer my thanks and congrats to the team who put this event on.

More embarrassingly (as I forgot to ask there names) may I thank the 2 lads from Leeds and Chesterfield who bodged a repair on my Busa's exhaust bracket which allowed me to continue with the track day.

2 time Wun Off brackets and bobbins now en route.

Many  thanks to all concerned with great day at Mallory.

Credit to Organisers and marshalling staff not forgetting the "Dinner Ladies".

The Stunning quick Striker Blade

Cant see any photos on the Reilly website

The links don't work as yet  :down:  ;)  :(

working now :D

As for the photo's... well what can  I say.. I wish Mike Ashton would have been there, now he does take good motorsports shots

Buzz

working now :D

According to the web site 1st August theres a load of Bike shots ???  :bangshead:  :(

look on the 30th :p

speaking of the photo's...is it me or does my car look comparatively weedy compared to everyone elses'.

Now, I know that the rear wheels are too far inside the arches (awaiting funds for new wheels, front wide track suspension) but I also reckon my ride height is much higher than everyone elses...errr...

How much do I need to add to my "Car improvement fundraiser" in order to lower the car?

of worms>