Donington June 21st

Andrew

Good videos Andrew 👍

I think most track days are busy now and seem to be fully booked to max capacity. As usual though things often get a bit quieter in the afternoons when others start to go home early

2 hours ago, Snowy Steve said:

Good videos Andrew 👍

I think most track days are busy now and seem to be fully booked to max capacity. As usual though things often get a bit quieter in the afternoons when others start to go home early

Or when the rain comes out!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Started going over the car to see what the latest breakage is.. I knew both rear light lenses were cracked, but have also found the right side headlight was virtually holding on by the wiring! Bracket was badly cracked, and is now snapped.

So, do I order a new bracket from WF, (not in stock, couple of weeks lead time) weld up the broken bracket, or go lightless? Less frontal area = a bit more straight line speed?

Hmmmmm 

• Like 1

I took my head lights off because they got broken twice.. so i ran with duct tape over them anyway so thought might as well take them off..saves weight too!

My indicator glass is smashed on one so they are taped over too

Until this year I normally get it MOT'd and probably do 100 miles a year on the road however normally to test ready for the track... but MOT tester said I don't need the head lights to pass, just that if they are on then they have to work.. I need to ask him about the indicators.. maybe same applies...

probably could have done with the lights on Monday in the dark and rain.. just so the ones with poor mirror usage could see me coming!!

As we discussed Andrew.. I don't think my tyres will need changing for a while.. they seem to have reached a comfortable wear level where each time they are heat cycled they get harder.. and then wear less!!

• Like 1

Weld the bracket up, then take them off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Weld the bracket up, then take them off. 

That's the answer. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Mole said:

probably could have done with the lights on Monday in the dark and rain.. just so the ones with poor mirror usage could see me coming!!

The reason I've stuck with lights is because of wet running. However at Oulton last year I think? Wet track loads of spray.. I switched on the headlights and promptly got black flagged and told to turn them off!

10 minutes ago, Mole said:

As we discussed Andrew.. I don't think my tyres will need changing for a while.. they seem to have reached a comfortable wear level where each time they are heat cycled they get harder.. and then wear less!!

Yep, this time next year Rodney, you'll still be on those tyres! 🙂 The amount of mileage you do on track, I reckon any softer option would get pretty expensive fast. How about getting another set of rims with some stickies on, and save them for the last session of each day you do?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally a member haha, fate finally brought me to the club meeting Andy randomly while carrying my nose cone out of my garage to my car as he was on a local building job, then Andrew & Scotty when I parked up next to them (randomly a space free next to them).... Donnington was great to try and keep up with Andrew 'need more power' 127bhp just isn't enough :( and some brave pills.... Blyton was great fun!! again trying to keep up with Andrew 😂

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Matt.. it's easier to join the club than put up with the constant badgering to join. 🙂 

I enjoyed your Donny footage you gave me. 😎 .. and you weren't doing a bad job at Blyton either with your little 127 Shetland ponies. 😉 

Just realised you've put your Blyton vid in the Donington thread.. 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 26/04/2021 at 15:03, Scotty72 said:

Great Pic of me and @Rush Motorsport from what i believe was the day we both ended up needing the services of a recovery vehicle! 🙄

We build back better.