Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, OldStager said:

I hope the drop off last week was for genuine reasons and not a change of heart at the last minute

Unfortunately no advanced notice of non attendances, just didn’t turn up. Makes life difficult for the doctors managing the vaccine logistics.

They are not sticklers for time, patients are vaccinated as they turn up, keeps the flow going well that way, so even if they had turned up early or late, they would have been vaccinated on the day they were booked in.
Shame, as additional people could have been invited to attend even if just an hours notice had been given!
Sure your time will come in the near future.

1 hour ago, MR.C said:

Hey Scott just voted on your poll, and it doesn't show my vote?

Can you update it my friend?

No idea why it didn’t show, it updates automatically without my help - try again? 😊

My wife’s has been working in the vaccine hub covering various shifts as either a data input or running the show as operations manager and had both of hers as there’s normally spare shots at the end of the shift, nothing goes to waste, and I’ve had the call tonight, had 10 mins to spring into action which I did, sat down ready and there had been a miss count the first time ever 😬 so I’m now on the reserve list for next Friday. 
The nurse was beating herself up so much, but you know what, it’s no biggie, I’m not worried but you can see how much they are all,putting into this roll out.

consequently, I will now fill the poll in next week 😄

• Like 1

A lot of polls I have filled in before ( not on here) were one polling per member , so if you have filled it in previously it won't accept any further inputs - on all the others I have used anyway. A poll is just a snapshot in time.😊

Yep, OldStager is correct once you’ve voted, you’ve voted, but also, if you use the “view results request”, (I forget exactly how it’s worded), that is effectively casting a null vote, in order to show you the results. You will not subsequently be able to cast an actual vote, I’m afraid.

1 hour ago, a15cro said:

you can see how much they are all,putting into this roll out.

Wholeheartedly agree, it’s very impressive the amount of effort and care the “professionals” are putting into it to make it happen.

• Like 1

After the anouncement yesterday that people 56 and over can apply, I did.

I did not need my NHS number 'cos I don't know it (haven't been to my GP for anything more serious than tonsilitis since the late 90's...) but it was a breeze with the whole process complete in a couple of minutes. In fact I received the text confirmation on my phone before I'd finished reading the final page.

Dose 1 is at my local chemist on the 15th, dose 2 is June 6th. So this week I'm not going out at all. Reports suggest that giving the vaccine to those with active infections gives a sub-optimal result and may lead to a few days on the sick list, so catching it now would be a disaster and somewhat ironic..

Booked my Vacinnes 1st and 2nd doses yesterday for next Wed and End of May. As I've also been doing regular tests the results include the NHS number so could add that. Happy days

• Like 1

Had my first one yesterday - very slick and well organised, folk marshalling punters at every step. There does seem to be a bit of a left hand/right hand thing going on though. The online booking said just take yourself and a mask, but at the vaccination centre, they wanted NHS number (ideally) plus some photo ID. No biggie as I had my driving license and they got my NHS number for other info. I'll make sure to have the NHS number handy for the 2nd visit.

Very impressed and very grateful for all the effort going into it.

Sore arm has kicked off this afternoon, pretty much 24hrs after having the jab. Feeling slightly 'off', but nothing to fret about.

AZ/Oxford administered. Would have been my choice if asked.

• Like 1

Wife and me are being jabbed next Monday. Have picked a venue a few miles away, as it seemed a good reason for a bit of a drive. We are going to Stoneleigh 😊.

• Like 1

I guess I'm too young and not classed as vulnerable enough to be anywhere near getting it yet. But that's ok as I'd rather people who need it get it first.

tbh I know I'll get mine way before her indoors due to age demographic and I'd prefer to give mine to her as she's a school teacher back in a classroom of kids who's idea of distancing is not lick each other to see if they taste of quavers. 

Fair point Dom, I know they have to have some form of priority lists, but for school teachers I do think they should have it as early as possible, especially now kids are starting to return. It's a tricky decision to have had to make on the Gov. Not had it yet myself (55 with asthma)

@OldStager 55 yr olds can go on line and book their appointments now......

1 minute ago, CraigHew said:

Can I ?, oh, being a bit thick here but where online?.

1 minute ago, CraigHew said:

Yup. My 54 year old mate had his yesterday, much to my chagrin. No idea how he managed that but hey ho. To be fair he lives a bit more "rural" than me so maybe that's it...