Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Booked in for our first vaccine on Sunday. 

Couldn't get anywhere local for a couple of weeks so decided to go to the Villa ground. Must remember not to wear my City football shirt.

It's an excuse for a drive 😀

Just now, OldStager said:

LOL, yeah, but I didn't think this was a 'thing'. Just found the same link

Cheers Blatters.

So what did you think it was? :oops: 

Google knows everything... :suspect:

No, the groups / categories are "released" nationally.....

LOL, I didn't think it was anything, as I didn't know that I was able to book this myself - I was expecting a letter or something. I have spent too much time on the science of Covid than I should have done on the logistics.

I think most people don't realise that too.  When your letter pops through the door, it will ask you to book yourself in......on-line.....

2 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

I think most people don't realise that too.  When your letter pops through the door, it will ask you to book yourself in......on-line.....

Oh right does it. Well the site asks me to choose a vac site, the nearest one is up by the old TVR factory, which is not where my neighbour went to, hers was in the next village ( far nearer for me) - not sure what to do now?.

1 minute ago, OldStager said:

Oh right does it. Well the site asks me to choose a vac site, the nearest one is up by the old TVR factory, which is not where my neighbour went to, hers was in the next village ( far nearer for me) - not sure what to do now?.

I had same dilemma but opted to drive 25 miles rather than wait to go local....

your choice i guess

I think "going local" will result in the Oxford / Astra jab, whereas the bigger hubs tend to use the Pfizer one

Yeah, I don't mind driving over there, just odd where the woman next door had hers that's all. I may give the GP's a call and see what they say ( if I can ever get through !)

11 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

I think "going local" will result in the Oxford / Astra jab, whereas the bigger hubs tend to use the Pfizer one

Not overly worried which one it is really, phone call to be made.

ETA

Didn't get anywhere there, my GP's automatic message says call 119, so I did. After pressing at least 6 options every time it asked, the line went dead. Maybe they are overloaded at the call centre or something. I may try another day - or just sit here and wait to see what my Gp's do....

my good lady managed to book my first and second jabs, life may return to normal yet?

On 06/03/2021 at 18:21, AlanHodge said:

Got my letter this morning 😀😀 booked in at AFC Fylde Wednesday afternoon and 1st June for second one. 

Had mine yesterday at AFC Fylde. I'm only 37 but I've had a few health issues. Very quick and easy. I was in and out in under 10 minutes. I can defintely recomend picking to go there if you have it as an option in the Fylde, Wyre, Preston area. Loads of parking unlike some of the other options.

Sore arm today and a bit tired. Nothing serious though.

Second jab booked for the end of May.

• Like 1

First and 2nd jabs booked yesterday. 

Surprised I have to travel 40 miles to the appointment but it is what it is and not an issue.