Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Mine was a text from the medical centre where my GP is based.

THIS. You’ll either get a text as long as your surgery has your mobile phone number on record or / and an invite by post. 😊👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Young said:

THIS. You’ll either get a text as long as your surgery has your mobile phone number on record or / and an invite by post. 😊👍

Thanks all, its a scam then.

Will wait till the postman comes, I did think it was a tad early for me to get one to be fair.

Had a call from our GP surgery on the house phone inviting me for my jab, was not from a landline number. Luckily I was polite and not my usual grumpy self when answering a call from an unknown number!
Letter arrived arrived a few days after I’d had the jab.

2 minutes ago, Adge Cutler- Dorset AO said:

Had a call from our GP surgery on the house phone inviting me for my jab, was not from a landline number. Luckily I was polite and not my usual grumpy self when answering a call from an unknown number!
Letter arrived arrived a few days after I’d had the jab.

Can you find out what the number was please

21 minutes ago, OldStager said:

Can you find out what the number was please

Sorry no, it was ~ 3 weeks ago, and phone is basic with no accessible history record. From memory(?) it began with 078——-, but wouldn’t put money on it.

The number that called you is “near” a help number quoted on the letter though:

4AEC297A-49FE-4CB1-AEFF-4946CFE1A381.thumb.jpeg.3a07e1ecac59c836a188f8980a1a74a0.jpeg

Not much help sorry, with any luck you’ll get an invite soon.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, that is close to what rang me today.. I take the phone outside with me tomorrow just in case.

On 25/02/2021 at 18:28, OldStager said:

Phew, thanks, thought I was loosing it...

Well your spelling seems to have taken a hit :oops:

Sorry :down:

:getmecoat:

1 minute ago, Blatman said:

Well your spelling seems to have taken a hit :oops:

Sorry :down:

:getmecoat:

Whits wrang wif me spalling ???

Got my letter yesterday, booked both jabs. First one is Saturday. I had expected a text from the GP given I usually get info that way, but I think the powers that be are trying to leave the GPs as free a possible to deal with the more complicated cases. I'm obviously deemed able to get myself to a nearby shed and line up.

Second jab is in May, 11 weeks later.

They seem to be going pretty quickly. While I was booking mine, I dithered a bit while making a note of the dates & times and by the time I got to the confirmation, my first one had gone so I had to repeat the process. Got the same day, just the next slot.

On 03/03/2021 at 10:04, corsechris said:

Got my letter yesterday, booked both jabs. First one is Saturday. I had expected a text from the GP given I usually get info that way, but I think the powers that be are trying to leave the GPs as free a possible to deal with the more complicated cases. I'm obviously deemed able to get myself to a nearby shed and line up.

Second jab is in May, 11 weeks later.

They seem to be going pretty quickly. While I was booking mine, I dithered a bit while making a note of the dates & times and by the time I got to the confirmation, my first one had gone so I had to repeat the process. Got the same day, just the next slot.

There are two systems of vaccination going on-

1.  The National version whereby you are sent an NHS letter asking you to call 119 or book both jabs online. You attend one of the vaccination centre of your choice.

2.  The local doctors surgeries have grouped together and send you a text or phone you to attend a locally organised vaccination centre.

Both methods result in the date and version of vaccine being entered on your medical record to avoid duplicity.

For once the UK is ahead of the game as Macron has told the EU that Astra Zen vaccine is not safe for over 70’s, why? I don’t know, maybe it’s because he’s French.  This has resulted in the French and Germans having a low take up of the vaccine, about 48%,  whilst the Uk has vaccinated 94% of our citizens.   
Only the UAE (it’s mandatory there) and Israel are more advanced than us.

Had mine on Wednesday morning after a text message from my GP.  Pfizer and sore arm after 8-10 hours that lasted for another 24 hours.  I was booked for 11:00, arrived at 10:55, queued outside for 10 minutes, was scanned, checked, pre-briefed, jabbed, held for 15 minutes and on my way by 11:29, thoroughly professional service. I was given a business card with the vaccine type and batch on it after being jabbed.

Progressed onto over 55s up'ere!

Mine 1st's next Saturday.

Not jealous at all... Well done Dave. Still waiting here.