Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well an item on today's lunchtime news was from a hospital. Over 80% of the patients there as of today with the virus have not been vacinated. Some of them are young adults, and have all had the chance of the jabs.

Contrast that with the fact that over 85% of adults have had at least one jab, and over 65% have had both jabs.

When I was practicing in the legal profession we had a Latin maxim which (if I can remember the correct spelling) is res ipsa locuitor, which translates as "the facts speak for themselves".

And this was the plan. Many will have to accept the risk if not vaccinated (and the risk of being vaccinated). Rest of us need to get on with life and work.

2 hours ago, stephenh said:

Well an item on today's lunchtime news was from a hospital

BBC?

Figures on deaths by the Delta variant from a couple of weeks ago were 30 odd percent had been double jabbed,30 odd percent were single jabbed,and 40 percent were unvaccinated. 

The metric missing from main stream reporting is the co-morbidities of those falling victim, broken down in to the three main groups. 

If it were to transpire that the double jabbed were carrying other issues but the non-vaccinated were not then we have a better set of numbers. I'm not saying that is the case but the reported numbers in isolation are only good for click-bait.

The other key metric is excess deaths. Which even with cases increasing are still below the average. Appreciate theres always a lag though. 

Quite stark to see we are seeing similar case levels as early 2021 but with only around 5 to 8 percent of the death levels. Even the most hardened vaccine sceptic would struggle to argue with that. 

Well at least until all the nano bots take over and kill us all........... 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Well at least until all the nano bots take over and kill us all........... 

I've heard that consuming large amounts of beer helps to neutralise the nano bots. I haven't seen a great deal of research in to this becasue the illuminati wouldn't want to create the "solution" to their deep-state funded population experiment, but as self medication goes, I've done worse...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Arm said:

Do we need to spend more on the NHS ? Id like to say yes if its someone else's money.

I am not convinced that we need to spend more on the NHS, I think pre-covid it was the best it has ever been, how can I support that argument..

1) Every 10 years we keep two million more people over the age of 65, and 300,000 more people alive past 85.  Sheer excellence in the prevention and treatment of disease. Longer, better lives as a result of; well managed diabetes, stents, bypasses, cancer diagnosis and treatment, organ transplants, timely vaccinations, and so much more.

2) Single individuals get access to over a million pounds worth of treatment, 7,000 more people are surviving cancer after NHS treatment than would have three years before, often this is due to each of them having access to £250,000 worth of treatment. 

3)  Over 200 people in the UK have lung and heart/lung transplants in any given year, and this keeps going up.  Over 4000 people have organ transplants, and this number keeps going up.

It will always absorb as much money as is there,  if you want to spend more, on what?  

...and then, Covid, this one or the next one,  comes along and precisely targets the very people that money was spent on...

thought provoking. 

More representative wages as one example. My wife worked for the NHS. Degree qualified , ongoing education in personal time, lots of stress, lots of targets, juggling many aspects. And for a wage that did not represent those levels of responsibilities. 

3 hours ago, Arm said:

More representative wages as one example

I know there are some trusts where it is much more difficult to get on the right band, to get your responsibilities recognised,  than others, I know of specific cases where identical jobs are banded differently in trusts a few miles from each other and managers refuse to benchmark jobs.  In my opinion the standard of management is poor, lots of people with stress and targets, some  are actually doing their manager's job. 

Broadly speaking though the framework is there and is quite competitive, nurses, for example, when compared with other graduates, do OK, the 'average' nurse earns about £35k, plus a 20% (£7k) pension contribution, not a bad package in my opinion. 

Something  the NHS could do for its  graduate workforce is , for example, pay a % of their tuition fees off for them for each full year with the NHS, that would help recruit people! 

Jim

2 hours ago, jim_l said:

Something  the NHS could do for its  graduate workforce is , for example, pay a % of their tuition fees off for them for each full year with the NHS, that would help recruit people! 

Not sure on NHS management and the politics of it but when I come to power to show appreciation for all public service personnel like nurses, police constables, firefighters, paramedics, army privates, navy able seamen/yeoman and air force leading aircraftmen (basically the lowest rank/pay grade in all disciplines) who retire with a full pension would be exempt from income tax for the rest of their days irrespective of their level of income or if they take up a new job. And they'd get free TV licenses and road tax too.

No idea how I'd pay for it but for people who give so much for so little recognition, I'd find a way.

• Like 1

I've said before spend more on the NHS if it can be funded and justified.  If my figures are close and its already 580 million a day then I suspect it will just absorb as much money as can be thrown at it.  But for those wanting more they need to be prepared to pay. These figures do not account for private health.  

Listen to many working in the NHS and its undefunded, successive government failings etc etc.

5 hours ago, Arm said:

Listen to many working in the NHS and its undefunded, successive government failings etc etc.

But that song never changes irrespective of the colour of the government. There is NOTHING to be lost by the NHS managers repeating this dogma ad infinitum because the vast majority of the public will readily sympathise with this position. Secondly, it has been repeated so often that it is now normal for the public at large to assume that the NHS is underfunded whether that is actually true or not. And I doubt any of us have access to the actual figures.

Politically, NHS funding is a no-win for politicians and an easy bit of rhetoric to trot out for the NHS. I suspect the truth about funding is somehwere in between.

• Thanks 1

Surely they must have loads of money now we're out of the EU? Boris' Brexit bus said so............