Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Nobody knows, but the statistics bear out the assertion that on balance, the vaccine is orders of magnitude safer than catching the virus unvaccinated.

Really?

Have you seen the number of people that have recovered from it compared to those that have died?

When they first released the vaccines, and told us all they had removed all accountability from the manufacturers 🙄,in my age group of people with no underlying health issues the death rate was one person in 35k people. 

The odds of me dying in a traffic accident are way higher!

If the vaccine stopped you passing it on to other people I could understand them pushing it so much for everyone to get vaccinated, but it doesn't. 

For the first two weeks after the vaccine is at it's best they say transmission is reduced,but after two weeks that plummets.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Here’s a challenge for those who refuse a vaccine - next time you’re ill, sort yourself out. After all, you clearly don’t trust healthcare.

Don't trust the government and the scientists,and whoever is paying their wages!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosKev said:

Don't trust the government and the scientists,and whoever is paying their wages!

erm, that will be me and you then.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jeff oakley said:

Once again without the full autopsy and the deceased health records it is hard to concluded what caused the death

But test positive for covid and die from anything within 28 days of that test and you go down as a covid death🙄

Yet people seem happy to believe and accept the deaths figures🤷🏾‍♂️

surely that's for the person doing the post mortem to decide, unless you don't trust them either.

13 minutes ago, corsechris said:

What makes them think there’s a difference between the two things?

Here’s a challenge for those who refuse a vaccine - next time you’re ill, sort yourself out. After all, you clearly don’t trust healthcare.

For me, this is because some things are proven to be useful, beneficial, and safe. Get a broken arm, stick a cast on, have some physio, recover 

Some things are not (yet, in my opinion) proven to be beneficial and safe.

I take your point Chris, and tongue in cheek here but... if everyone 'boycotted' medicine like that, I would be confident that the average level of health of the population would increase quite quickly. For one, people would have to be invested in taking better care of themselves rather than relying on the safety net of the medical industry, and two those who are only alive due to constant medical intervention (I count my mum in this category - and she has had no quality of life for the past 5+ years because of it) wouldn't be around any more, as nature intended. 

(Sorry to just reply to you here Chris but your points made me intrigued!)

26 minutes ago, OldStager said:

surely that's for the person doing the post mortem to decide, unless you don't trust them either.

Sadly not... any positive Covid test result within 28 days, and that person goes on the Covid death stats - even if they got run over by a bus on day 27, having been asymptomatic from the virus. Illogical, at best.

But as they say, never put down to malice something that can be explained by stupidity.

I have a feeling this way of reporting was badly thought through at the start, and now they can't / won't change it for consistency reasons.

Edit: perhaps I am wrong, certainly seems like the reporting method has changed from Jeff's informed post below. I wish the powers that be would keep us up to date with this stuff...

Edit 2: https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2020/08/12/behind-the-headlines-counting-covid-19-deaths/

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CosKev said:

But test positive for covid and die from anything within 28 days of that test and you go down as a covid death🙄

Yet people seem happy to believe and accept the deaths figures🤷🏾‍♂️

No not quite true Kev. Lets say you die from a cardiac arrest, that is the cause however on the death certificate if Covid was a factor then yes that will be there.

In the early days there was not enough autopsy time so they did record Covid on death certificates with no autopsy, but for anyone dying after a vaccine was given a full autopsy was performed.

My feeling is that the stats are not that far out but others will disagree

• Like 1

ok, would you then care to explain, why just 200 years ago the average death age was around 35, fast forward to 2020 and its around 85.

for those who don't truct medicine, what is your take on these differences?.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldStager said:

ok, would you then care to explain, why just 200 years ago the average death age was around 35, fast forward to 2020 and its around 85.

for those who don't truct medicine, what is your take on these differences?.

For me, off the top of my head: easier access to better quality and more diverse food, better housing, shorter and less arduous working hours, safer working conditions, longer time spent in educational settings, more disposable income, fewer wars, reduced childbirthing mortality rates (agreed this could be put down to medical advances, but also perhaps general scientific understanding).

I also think length of life and quality of life are distinctly different things. Plus, is longer life necessarily a good thing, given our current population (and climate) pressures. Without overpopulation, a virus like this wouldn't spread anywhere near as quickly... messing with nature never seems to end well.

• Like 1

but pretty much all of that is due to science, folks finding out what in your food, scientific understanding in engneering when it comes to building houses etc, i could go on...

not saying you are away with the fairies, but you are a smart bloke, we have all seen the things you build . i don't get why so many are anti vax on here.

• Like 1

I would separate science and medicine out from each other personally. But I definitely get your point 👍 general advances in technology of all sorts are allowing us to live longer, definitely.

I think those who have strong feelings either way always come out in these discussions (Brexit!!!), so I don't think these last few pages are representative of a forum ratio.

Only child (oh and I am well away with the faries too). Don't like being told what to do 🙃 certainly not by some buffoon who walked into Eaton with a silver spoon hanging out of his gob, goes by a phoney name and can't even stick to his own rules.

I actually reconsider my position on this every few days, and am constantly trying to glean as much info as I can from various places. I am still of the opinion that none of the Covid assistance meds are suitable for someone in my position, all things considered (he says with a banging head, runny nose, sore throat, stiff neck and shoulders, sneezing and coughing! Sounds like Omicron, but these are the exact symptoms of flu, and my Covid test came back negative. Weird huh...).

• Like 3

Dont forget this government has to look after 58m sheep.

If too many sheep go astray the rest will follow and before you know if you've meyhem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MR.C said:

Dont forget this government has to look after 58m sheep.

If too many sheep go astray the rest will follow and before you know if you've meyhem.

sheep?