Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Glad it does to you because I'm still very confused (about pretty much everything in life) 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, corsechris said:

Here’s a challenge for those who refuse a vaccine - next time you’re ill, sort yourself out. After all, you clearly don’t trust healthcare.

Could we say the same for alcoholics, smokers, drug addicts, motorcyclists and anyone else choosing to take a risk?

I dont think anyone is mistrusting our healthcare, they don't create and distribute vaccines, they don't make policy they are just the good men and women who thankfully deal with what is put in front of them.

But answer me this. If anyone who is not taking a vaccine silly or away with the fairies, why are there roughly 90000 people in the NHS risking their jobs by currently being unvaccinated?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MR.C said:

Yeah sheep,and the shepherd is having a laugh.

i have to ask this sorry

are you religious?

6 minutes ago, MR.C said:

Atheist.

When you're dead your dead.

thank you,, i had to ask since you said sheep

in some countries the 'flock' are called swine - pigs - since they don't have sheep in many parts of the world

34 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

But answer me this. If anyone who is not taking a vaccine silly or away with the fairies, why are there roughly 90000 people in the NHS risking their jobs by currently being unvaccinated?

because there are folks who carry two beliefs at the same time.

whilst at work, lets say a human genome lab, they can do their work believing that DNA is real and work out why certain folks carry certain DNA mutatations that cause all manor of heath issues

and then the same person, when they get home from work dismisses all the day job stuff and then thinks the world was created in 7 ( or is it 6) days.

I present to you Mr Francis Collins, who out of his work enviroment once saw a waterfall with 3 separate water streams, he fell to his feet and prayed to someone or other.

For balance... looks like the latest estimates are 73000 unjabbed NHS staff, out of estimated 593000 total. Which makes 12% and pretty close to the general population.

However, I do agree that - especially when combined with the threat of a job loss - working in such a field would make you uptake the jab in higher percentages than the average citizen if you have seen first hand that it does what it says on the tin.

• Like 2

i think this thread backs that up adam, not sure how many regular posters post on this thread, but it won't be far off the figures you mention

36 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Could we say the same for alcoholics, smokers, drug addicts, motorcyclists and anyone else choosing to take a risk?

I dont think anyone is mistrusting our healthcare, they don't create and distribute vaccines, they don't make policy they are just the good men and women who thankfully deal with what is put in front of them.

If you look at the status in the NHS it covers a whole raft of people and once again the figures need breaking down much further. In London, the highest none vaccinated area is 12%, the lowest area is the West county with 4.5%.

Within that there are many none medical staff like accountants and porters etc who are subjected to the vagaries of social media just the same as those not in the NHS. Last total figures I saw for unvaccinated is 70000 out of 1.5 million employees, so less than 4.9% overall and falling daily as people get on board. Most of these will comply as there is a push to explain the science to some who are scared. They will never get 100%, there will be exemptions and some medics are fatalistic. You will be shocked how many still smoke, religious reasons still ae part of the problem as well.