Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Blatman said:

So the tests are made in China. As long as we trust they are manufactured to the required specs and not tampered with post QC, then there is no problem. Plenty of folk will look at the "Made in China" label and immediately dismiss it as "bad" out of hand and it is precisely that sort of narrow thinking that the red tops pick up on and make a headline. 

If there were a fundamental problem with the tests (and there is a little bit of a problem as far as accuracy goes) we would have known by now.

The tests are susceptible to both false negatives AND false positives. Last time I checked, false positives were a far greater proportion that false negatives. But as a percentage of the whole these false readings are negligible. The irritation quotient caused by a false test result is conversely very high, and understandably so.

guilty as charged your honour, no its was meant be an observation rather than a criticism, i have a pack here, and so far the results appear correct.

I thought you were going to say they came from "Hancock medicinal supplies" 🤣

• Haha 1

I no longer regard products from China as inferior (not like the old 'Seagull' cameras of the 1980s), but I do regard the regime of origin as bad and I avoid buying Chinese products wherever possible for that reason alone. My son's wife and family are ethnically Chinese (she's Australian but with Chinese heritage) and a more welcoming and delightful lot you couldn't imagine. The fact that they're all in Australia not Shenzing or wherever says a lot. 

25 minutes ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

I avoid buying Chinese products wherever possible for that reason alone.

Same here. They're the biggest threat to the human race going forward.

I still firmly believe the truth will emerge regarding the origins of the pandemic and their Wuhan lab.

• Like 1

Without wanting to drag the thread into the gutter, but you would have thought Mr Hancock would have been clever enough to realise there is such a thing as cctv these days :rolleyes:

Odds on him "deciding to move on" in the next few days? 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Without wanting to drag the thread into the gutter, but you would have thought Mr Hancock would have been clever enough to realise there is such a thing as cctv these days :rolleyes:

Odds on him "deciding to move on" in the next few days? 

It's all going off the rails a bit now, Cummings throwing Boris under the bus, and now this one. I tend to try and avoid politics.

His apparent lack of personal morals has nothing to do with his abilities as Health Secretary surely? I vehemently abhor infidelity but if every cabinet minister of any stripe who failed to keep his flies done up were to resign we'd need a legion of eunuchs to run the country. Even saintly John Major fell to the temptation of the fragrant Edwina after all! Who wouldn't... 😳

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

His apparent lack of personal morals has nothing to do with his abilities as Health Secretary surely?

I was more pointing out his complete lack of intelligence regarding the fact there was cctv. Doesn't bode well for his professional standards does it? 

On the other part your absolutely right. I mean look at Boris, I reckon he's not even sure how many kids he's got 🤣

My cynical nature makes me think it’s being used as a get out.    So the saintly Cummmings drops his bombshell.    Boris can’t react to the claims that Hancock’s not up to the job, as by doing so it gives credence to everything else..     This just means Hancock can go without Boris losing face.    Gove takes the job… 

3 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I was more pointing out his complete lack of intelligence regarding the fact there was cctv. Doesn't bode well for his professional standards does it? 

On the other part your absolutely right. I mean look at Boris, I reckon he's not even sure how many kids he's got 🤣

What makes you think it was CCTV? The Gutter Press agency photographers have some very long range telephoto lenses.

4 hours ago, stephenh said:

What makes you think it was CCTV? The Gutter Press agency photographers have some very long range telephoto lenses.

Can't see a pap sitting on that pic for 6 or 7 weeks? 

2 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Can't see a pap sitting on that pic for 6 or 7 weeks? 

Depends what he was offered when he made it known that he had it...

Booster jabs looking likely for <70s ( and vulnerable groups) in September....

• 2 weeks later...

Who thinks the Gov's current strategy of ( and this is undeclared) herd immunity come the 19th of July is a wise move.?

Whilst I fully understand the impact restrictions have on all walks of life, as someone who has to date only had one jab so far as well as someone who has a compromised immune system ( 2nd jab not due for another 5 weeks) I find it extremely disturbing to hear ALL restrictions are to be lifted.

I for one will continue to carry on as I have been for the last 18 months or so.