We shall fight those coronaviruses.

DonPeffers

Nothing to add to the anti masker thing except I hold them with the same low regard as I do anti-vaxxers.

What I did want to add is that I now work for a large-ish company with all the corporate management and responsibility that goes with it. I'm not in a union and nor have I been asked to join one. The support they are offering to staff is incredible, even ensuring that those working from home (almost everyone as far as I can tell) have the correct H&S sensibilities applied with regards to chairs, VDU's/screens and all the the things that go with helping staff do their jobs as effectively as possible. I wasn't expecting that although I am sure those of you working for similarly large corporations have seen similar. The costs to business must be enormous and whilst we hear that phrase (cost to the business) it never really seems to mean much, but this example is really easy to imagine...

The other items I wanted to show was that I came across this website;

https://www.elsevier.com/en-gb

And that led me to this website:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/

As many of you know I like to provide supporting materials when discussing things. These two sites look to be among the best I have ever seen for finding peer reviewed articles and research and I'm going to enjoy using them. But then my idea of fun is quite warped...

2 hours ago, Blatman said:

But then I’m quite warped...

Fixed for you!

18 aug 2020 https://www.euronews.com/2020/08/18/france-makes-wearing-face-masks-at-work-compulsory-from-next-month

From 01 Sep 2020  "France makes wearing face masks at work compulsory."

"The move came after France’s daily infection count jumped past 3,000 over the weekend, for the first time since May, and as the number of virus patients in hospitals, intensive care units and nursing homes is starting to inch up again. About a quarter of the 1,013 virus clusters that have emerged since France ended its strict virus lockdown in May were traced to workplaces, according to the national health agency."

"Some workers are reluctant to wear a mask all day, ..

Already France has seen scattered incidents of violence by people refusing to don masks, and the government sent riot police to the Marseille region Tuesday to enforce new outdoor mask requirements at farmers’ markets and several neighbourhoods."

Also  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53828588  "A house where about 200 people attended a lockdown party has been subjected to a three-month closure order with only the owner allowed access.  £100 fine issued.

The question is do the public have the brains or will to beat covid?

We’ve had to cancel our booze cruise to Calais next week, this is getting serious.

I am in France at the mo, small village in Normandy. Everyone wears masks in the shops, population 1000, covid cases 1 about 2 months ago.

seems to be the tourist areas which are suffering such as the south coast cities and Paris .

Quarantine on return but no drama as I work from home anyway, means I can drink my imported wine!! 🤪

• Haha 2