We shall fight those coronaviruses.

DonPeffers

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight outside the football grounds, we shall fight in the parks and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

_113098199_5da37650-a022-4613-ab1b-ac74b

_113108497_0ae2c6c2-3446-4639-92a6-b4d6a

skynews-brixton-london_5022204.jpg?bypas

I feel sorry for the residents of these seaside towns. These people make it impossible for them to social distance, they have all the people peeing and crapping everywhere and then the lazy arrogant A*** holes leave all their crap behind. 

That’s both very funny and very sad Don.

That’s the sort of thing that made me a misanthrope. Other than specific individuals, I truly hate ‘people’. We are a bl**** blight and should have the good grace to just quietly go extinct. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, corsechris said:

That’s both very funny and very sad Don.

That’s the sort of thing that made me a misanthrope. Other than specific individuals, I truly hate ‘people’. We are a bl**** blight and should have the good grace to just quietly go extinct. 

Agreed.  I like humanity - it’s people I can’t stand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Colonial said:

I like humanity - it’s people I can’t stand.

“Line of the show” as a good friend of mine is fond of saying 😁

I do worry that the actions of the few over the last several days will affect the many. I hope I’m wrong but doubt it.

Can you imagine just how devastated the healthcare profession must be??? They risk their lives every day to save the lives of others who have contracted Coronavirus....then they see these brain donors risking themselves and every other person they meet for the sake of a few hours crammed onto beach/getting p******** to celebrate a 'sporting' event/having party then rioting ?

The Sage (Mrs Nem....) is a ward manager at our local hospital.

She was due to finish work at 3:30 this afternoon, she got home at a quarter to eight and she was a real sweaty mess, this is because last week the ward next door had an outbreak amongst the staff, first day of positive tests saw 6 struck down, the day after a further 3 reported, there's been a drill down into the cause and it suggests that the staff were using their staff room instead of the hospital canteen.... now one of the the staff infected happens to be a physiotherapist who works on multiple wards, he vectored the virus extremely efficiently and today the Sage had no choice but to work on because 4 of her staff have gone sick and requested tests.

We thought we were going to be lucky and get our week away on the Norfolk Broads on the 4th of July, just another 3 days will see if the Nemesis household is deprived of that. (4 day typical incubation period) and if she has copped it I'll be crapping sticks, she developed late onset asthma 3 years ago !

The morons that think they are invincible will be the first to bleat that poor granny, poor grandpa, poor little asthmatic sister and any other sodding ailment shouldn't have died before their time, they need to realise that THIS IS THEIR TIME, this virus isn't sentient or self aware it's a bl**** virus !    

Stay safe....

Nem...........

• Thanks 1

By comparison my Daughter is a Dr in Anesthetics in The Birmingham area, they have just one covid patient in ITU in the two hospitals that she works in. They are not expecting any uplift until the normal seasonal flu comes around again in September.

The difference now is they know so  much more about the virus and how to treat those at risk. Various drug combinations are now being used and unless people have underlying conditions recovery is usual in a few days. Also the vaccine is tantalisingly close from a couple of different sources now 

We will see an increase in reported cases, because we now have much better traceability than before and the testing is speedy. Had two staff with a temperature, we test them daily, they went and were tested less than 24 hours later given all clear, no need to self isolate.

As for the people on the beach, what did anyone expect? Lockdown has had a negative affect all around the world and with the fantastic weather it was always going to happen. The issue for many is they have not known anyone who has the virus. I cover 11 branches across the South with over 300 staff, not one of them or their families has had Covid, we may be lucky but with 3 in London and all mix of races then you can understand for many it is nothing to worry about.

In the park in front of my home there are lots of people clearly not from single households picnicking without a care in the world. They are clearing up after themselves unlike those on the beaches.

The worst thing about all this has been the frustration leading to violence along with the BLM protests. It has shown our police now fear confrontation and will not take on rioting groups for fear of escalating the situation, which leads to more lawlessness. What will happen going forward, will police have the authority to act in future. This is not the fault of the guys on the street, it is those who look good in powerpoint presentations ticking boxes but they are letting their officers and the public down

Equip the police with aerosols of the virus including an indelible dye, they can then walk though these crowds of "invincibles" and spray them, anybody that presents themselves to the NHS with symptoms and a pink face doesn't get treatment :angry:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, corsechris said:

brain donors

Surely we only want the donated brains of intellegent people?!

Napalm the beach - sorted in one fly-by.

• Like 1

Did you hear/read about that food factory in Wales that had 166 test positve?!

There have been 450 reported cases in food factories in the last month. The HSE are being very tough on businesses who are not creating workplaces that are not taking proper care which this might suggest as all the companies are making adjustments now.

It is also thought that the nature of the factories being much colder has meant the virus can survive longer there although vegan activists are trying to make out that it is somehow to do with meat.

It will be interesting, if we get a spike from the beaches then the naysayers will be proved right, but I suspect not as with the combination of heat and wind any virus will be harder to transmit. More likely to get infections from dodgy burgers and too much beer and sun than anything else.

I wonder if workers are wearing face masks in the affected food factories?

I heard on BBC that for someone with no underlying health condition, aged below 50, the risk of dying from covid was lower than in a car accident. If so maybe the economy could've kept going without a full lockdown and associated cost. However we are where we are.

Difficult to police the lockdown rules now that everyone will consider themselves a special case or have an excuse. Not only are the rules a mess, the social distancing isn't law and so many in high places have broken the guidelines themselves which must've undermined public confidence.

The current covid trace system is missing about 25-30% of cases so many thousands not traced and not isolating, which is self-policed anyway.

I empathise with you Nem in what must be a very worrying time and hope all is well regarding your wife.

I have long-term asthma and in the past have had lung infections where my peak flow was down to 320 whereas it should be 600.....so really just about half lung function. IIRC on three occasions I've been prescribed steroid prednisolone to dampen down lung inflammation and it has worked well.

The new treatment mentioned for covid sufferers needing breathing support is anti-inflammatory steroid dexamethasone which is about 5 times stronger than prednisolone so treatments are becoming available in the fight against covid.

If police hear of an illegal rave party planned, best get 'round there early to shut it down rather than wait for 2000 people to attend as then the problem becomes almost too big, unless drastic action is taken.

Looking at the crowds reminds me of the phrase.....a person is intelligent but a crowd is stupid.