Donington & Croft trackdays 22nd June

Andrew

2 hours ago, AdamR said:

Nice one! Going well there 😄 Glad you had a good day!

Thanks Adam. Btw, the Uniroyal rain experts stuck like sh*t to a blanket! .. unfortunately the blanket was on the back seat of my car. 😉

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EBD Engineering said:

can you get rain experts in 13 inch  to suit a 7 inch rim?

I've put some 185 /70s  on 7" rims and tbh, I wouldn't recommend it.. they look a bit too stretched. 6" looks OK

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I've put some 185 /70s  on 7" rims and tbh, I wouldn't recommend it.. they look a bit too stretched. 6" looks OK

ive acquired a set of 7 inch wheel for wets. so im on the lookout for a wet tyres was hoping the rain expert would be ok 

20 minutes ago, EBD Engineering said:

ive acquired a set of 7 inch wheel for wets. so im on the lookout for a wet tyres was hoping the rain expert would be ok 

I think it was these @AdamR mentioned somewhere.. same B wet rating as Rain experts.. but what do I know.. I'm no rain expert! 😉 

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m73b0s375p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_13_inch_R13_inch_-_205_60_13_205_60R13

11 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

People carrier tyres - love it 🤣

ironic when i only have one seat 🤣

• Haha 1

Ha! I think you can ignore any of the manufacturer ratings TBH, they are pretty much made up. I certainly didn't when choosing mine (same with the Contis that came before).

Any tyre that has lots of tread and is designed to work from cold, rather than having no grooves and needing 60+ degrees to work, is going to be much better on a wet track in a light car I think!

When my current tyres are worn out I think I'll give those Nankangs a try as I also have some 7" rims to use.

5 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Ha! I think you can ignore any of the manufacturer ratings TBH, they are pretty much made up. I certainly didn't when choosing mine (same with the Contis that came before).

Any tyre that has lots of tread and is designed to work from cold, rather than having no grooves and needing 60+ degrees to work, is going to be much better on a wet track in a light car I think!

When my current tyres are worn out I think I'll give those Nankangs a try as I also have some 7" rims to use.

i think they will be my choice being as there the only tyre thats wide enough for the rim lol. i got some crusty avon slicks to get rid of first