Donington & Croft trackdays 22nd June

Andrew

Have had my briefing.. just on chucking stuff I wont need into the car.. 😆

Planning a 5-30 to 6am at the latest, set off.. 2.5 hr journey all being well. 

Thats about the same start time for me..

Just fixed trailer lights, next give car a wash over then load on up!

Looks like a warm dry day..

Have got the car all loaded up with all the necessary rubbish..  will get the Westy on the trailer between showers later on. 

Weather looking good. :sun:

Btw @Mole  Have you had your briefing? .. I don't think I heard anything about lifting when being overtaken? .. something I like to hear stated at a normal briefing?

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Have got the car all loaded up with all the necessary rubbish..  will get the Westy on the trailer between showers later on. 

Weather looking good. :sun:

Btw @Mole  Have you had your briefing? .. I don't think I heard anything about lifting when being overtaken? .. something I like to hear stated at a normal briefing?

Just about to watch the briefing.. and am sure there is nothing mentioned about that.. wasnt last week... just have to get right up close on the corners!!

27 minutes ago, Mole said:

just have to get right up close on the corners!!

Will do. :yes:       :dg-westy::yellow-westy:

All loaded up and ready, see you in the morning. 

I’ll be with you in spirit as I Pootle around Croft. 

Would much rather be at Donny - but it was just too far for me to do “in a oner” - not really that excited about my day, but I’m sure I’ll have fun. 

I too am all packed - but only after I realised my removable tow bar was in the compartment in the boot under everything I had just packed! Doh!

• Haha 1

Vids by Wednesday please, edit out the boring bits. 

1 minute ago, RussH said:

Vids by Wednesday please, edit out the boring bits. 

No vids from me then 🤣

• Like 2

cracking weather for it. i hope there is no fall out at the curcuit with any restrictions after yesterdays sad news of a biker loosing his life on a track day.

have a good one boys. pleenty of video :) 

1 hour ago, RussH said:

How was it then gents?

It was warm.. busy in the morning with quite a few red flags.. Loads of racers, some fast Caterhams, Radicals etc.. afternoon thinned out and the last hour or so there was some good clear track. Unfortunately by then I was shattered! I could only manage a few laps and had to come in. Early start, too much sunshine, and the heat took it's toll on my old body. I wouldn't do well at Le mans. 😉 

My car ran OK.. one major niggle was I lost my oil temp. I think the cable from the sender must be broken somewhere. Worked out OK though, as I think I overheated before the oil. 🙂 

Couldn't get parked up close to team Mole, so getting together on track was a bit hit and miss. Mostly miss. I had some problems with the gopro so I lost some sessions, but I've got enough to put something up.

Team Mole pitstop. 

P1160612.thumb.JPG.75ca0eeeec094dd5e940797f0ce91461.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, RussH said:

Classic race driver physique 

Just call me Fanjio. 😎

• Andrew changed the title to Donington & Croft trackdays 22nd June