Donington & Croft trackdays 22nd June

Andrew

Unless it’s a javelin day, they don’t give a **** about anything 

29 minutes ago, EBD Engineering said:

so is overtaking a free for all now or is it still on the left hand side?

In my pic, I'd waved the two Caterhams by, and eased slightly.. just wasn't expecting to get my nose chopped off by the second one. All forgotten tbh, by the time I'd finished my session. Could have been a biggie, but wasn't. 

I did wonder if the on line briefing may have been played through and checked off by all entrants.. but that doesn't mean all entrants are paying close attention to it, does it, like in a live brief?

Had a strange one yesterday at Donny. A Caterham had obviously broken down just at the bottom of the rise up to Coppice. (Corner leading onto the back straight) Rather than rolling off onto the grass, he parked it on the circuit!  I waved frantically at the marshall at Coppice who obviously couldn't see him over the crest.. he must have wondered what that stupid b*****r in the kit car's waving at! 🙂 

And in fact where I was on the right..I was going slowly waiting for Andrew to catch up..haha..nice saying that..even if I meant I was quite a way ahead with traffic in between.. so I was letting the traffic past.. so Andrew could get me on film!

Generally it was ok..but as always there are some numpties..however they are normally in a race car or a Ginetta...

But yesterday was no different to normal..

I did do an RMA organized day there last year and over taking was allowed on both sides and in corners with consent.. that was fun!

2 hours ago, RussH said:

Unless it’s a javelin day, they don’t give a **** about anything 

Having said that - when I was waiting to get my wristband the javelin bloke was giving the “obviously a race team lad” a very strict talking to and words to the tune of “legally signed agreement... stand up in court... it’s not a test day... novices...” etc. 

Didn’t make them drive any better but he tried 🤣

• Like 3

Couple of vids from me.

First one chasing @Mole on his Pilot sports. Going rather well I thought. 

..and the second one. Last session of the day.. clear track but I was shattered!

Hmm. I'm getting a "video removed" error. Just me!?

Enjoyed the first video, nice skills by both! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Hmm. I'm getting a "video removed" error. Just me!?

My IT department is sorting it out.. Pete. 

Uploaded to the wrong account, deleted and should be back up soon..

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RussH said:

Enjoyed the first video, nice skills by both! 

At the moment I am about 10 or so mph slower down craner curves with the fun tyres on.. although it is a bit more lively at that slower speed!!

Try again..

Chasing @Mole

Last session of the day..

.. and a bonus vid. Chasing after a couple of Caterhams. 

• Like 4

Nice one! Going well there 😄 Glad you had a good day!

• Like 1