Donington & Croft trackdays 22nd June

Andrew

Yes was great to see Andrew..showing me the way round as always! I too am absolutely worn out..I thought it was the having fun and sliding around on my Michelin sports!! 

There were a few red flags but a really good day.. just a shame I couldn't organise myself to follow Andrew a bit more!

Noticed an oil leak towards end of day so got to get onto that ready for Cadwell!

• Like 1

Just having a quick whizz through the Gopros. I've definitely got some behind @Mole 👍 

..and I think this Cat wasn't observing social distancing rules? 🤔

1091288288_CloseCat.jpg.ff3ea9284ff46724a788ad35256867ac.jpg

Those two caterhams were quite quick... Were you going up the inside of them?

Glad you have a bit of footage!

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

Were you going up the inside of them?

I wish.. 😉 I was being courteous, letting them by.

OK it's not Donington - but it's a track day and it was the 22nd June... and it's a video 😆

(sorry about the crap sound!)

• Like 3

• Andrew changed the title to Donington & Croft trackdays 22nd June
7 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

OK it's not Donington - but it's a track day and it was the 22nd June... and it's a video 😆

Looking good boss. 👍 Quick off the mark with the video! 😎

How was the day @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO? Looked like you got some space on track. 

Have seen that grey Mk3 Cortina there before.. it's a supercharged V6 or V8 I think.

It wasn’t too bad. I managed to get quite a few sessions with clear track including just after lunch when I was first out. Seems nobody realised lunch was over as I got 3-4 laps in all alone before other cars started to appear!

Also had a really good chase with a Caterham who was slightly quicker on corners than me but slower on the straights - so I could improve my lines by emulating his. GoPro was off though 🤬

There were quite a few race teams out who were less than courteous - but easy to spot so I just made sure I kept clear. 

The cortina has a Lexus V8 in it. Doesn’t half shift!

So here’s another. The blue Porsche was good on the straights 🙄

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

It wasn’t too bad. I managed to get quite a few sessions with clear track including just after lunch when I was first out. Seems nobody realised lunch was over as I got 3-4 laps in all alone before other cars started to appear!

Also had a really good chase with a Caterham who was slightly quicker on corners than me but slower on the straights - so I could improve my lines by emulating his. GoPro was off though 🤬

There were quite a few race teams out who were less than courteous - but easy to spot so I just made sure I kept clear. 

The cortina has a Lexus V8 in it. Doesn’t half shift!

So here’s another. The blue Porsche was good on the straights 🙄

You nearly hit some Apexes there! :D

11 minutes ago, RussH said:

You nearly hit some Apexes there! 😄

I know! One day I might learn to press the right hand pedal all the way to the floor too - maybe you can teach me OhSpeedyWan.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Just having a quick whizz through the Gopros. I've definitely got some behind @Mole 👍 

..and I think this Cat wasn't observing social distancing rules? 🤔

1091288288_CloseCat.jpg.ff3ea9284ff46724a788ad35256867ac.jpg

bit close for comfort there?

18 minutes ago, EBD Engineering said:

so is overtaking a free for all now or is it still on the left hand side?

On a track day it should always be on the designated side, on a straight and with consent. 

That’s often overlooked - especially by race drivers out testing.