Isolated - is it going well?

Jude - The Mad Widow

As a confirmed misanthrope, this is pretty much normal for me. Been retired nearly 4 years now so quite accustomed to filling my day with my own pointless ****, rather than someone else’s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sorry to hear it is being troubling for some...

@Captain Colonial Hold up m8 an stay safe.

In our case, I´ve been pretty much locked down since the 13th.

I´m working from home... pretty efficiently, going out for a walk with the dog, shopping only twice a week being carefull as much as I can...

Last two weeks have been quite good as I´m eating 100% home made food, and losing weight despite the "non activity", and I had to run some tests on some cooling systems at work cars, therfore I´ve been able to go out on the road at night, log some data in absolutely deserted roads, and enjoy watching the stars in a random countryroad lay by in absolute silence for first time in ages, catching up with guitar and bass, an shooting quite a lot in the garden. However, I miss being able to go to rehersal, and to the range, but is not the end of the world.

I´ve also undusted my racing simulator, my garage is tidyer than ever and I´m doing some work to the westy too.

Ana is spending must of her time at home too, wich is good, we get along well, and is nice having her company that much (will re-visit this topic next week with updates...)

In a sort of a way, I kinda wish some of that stays the same when the virus is gone, as life is quieter and somehow nicer.

Problem? well. After two weeks, I´ve ran out of "new things to discover" at home. I´m starting to become quite good again with the racing sim, and more than up to speed with the bass, and my night runs with the cars are over, so... what do i do next?

Another VERY hard thing in my case, is to keep the beer consumption under check.

Stay safe guys! good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, maurici said:

Another VERY hard thing in my case, is to keep the beer consumption under check.

😂 I have the same problem, but has been helped by being in isolation for 2 weeks and being too shy to ask my neighbours to get me any! 

6 hours ago, Paul T said:

😂 I have the same problem, but has been helped by being in isolation for 2 weeks and being too shy to ask my neighbours to get me any! 

Our local breweries are delivering at home, I thought was a good thing at the beginning. Now I can tell you is a bl**** catastrophe.

• Haha 3

My home brewery is bubbling away, but I have only enough ingredients for eighty more pints... 😲

28 minutes ago, maurici said:

Our local breweries are delivering at home, I thought was a good thing at the beginning. Now I can tell you is a bl**** catastrophe.

We've had beer deliveries too....

& it is a catastrophic situation having to drink it before it goes off! 🤪🍻

20200327_171957.thumb.jpg.dcc508da8cf8f3ceda7c008c94ea871b.jpg

• Like 1

Cool !

Instead of sneaking off to the pub for a pint,  you can tell the wife you've taken up boxing instead  :)

On 28/03/2020 at 15:49, Rory's Dad said:

Remember, you're not stuck at home, you're safe at home...

(Shamelessly copied from Facebook) 

Couldn't agree more. It's not the lockdown, it's how one views it. It seems to me there are plenty of otherwise "normal" thinking people who are winding themselves up into a psychotic episode, and that makes no sense to me at all. We change our minds about things constantly. Why not change our minds about this? Especially if it makes life easier.

19 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

My home brewery is bubbling away, but I have only enough ingredients for eighty more pints... 😲

Marlow Brewery offers a deliver service, others may be available.

I'm confused. Should Mrs H. and me be self-isolating from each other? If so, we've definitely got it wrong. We eat side by side, the same food; we sit side by side in the evening, watching the same telly programmes and eating from the same box of chocolates (only 2 each, mind) and we sleep in the same bed side by side. Oh, and we walk round the village most days side by side, holding hands, but with gloves on because it's been bl**** cold these last couple of days. No-one else eats with us, no-one else sits beside us in the evenings, and most definitely no-one else sleeps in our bed; at least not on my side.

What are we doing wrong?

On 28/03/2020 at 23:25, maurici said:

Ana is spending must of her time at home too, wich is good, we get along well, and is nice having her company that much (will re-visit this topic next week with updates...)

I hope we aren't going to get too much information, Maurici? 😄

7 minutes ago, stephenh said:

I hope we aren't going to get too much information, Maurici? 😄

You wish!! :)

12 minutes ago, stephenh said:

I'm confused. Should Mrs H. and me be self-isolating from each other? If so, we've definitely got it wrong. We eat side by side, the same food; we sit side by side in the evening, watching the same telly programmes and eating from the same box of chocolates (only 2 each, mind) and we sleep in the same bed side by side. Oh, and we walk round the village most days side by side, holding hands, but with gloves on because it's been bl**** cold these last couple of days. No-one else eats with us, no-one else sits beside us in the evenings, and most definitely no-one else sleeps in our bed; at least not on my side.

What are we doing wrong?

I don´t think you got it wrong, unless one is much more vulnerable than the other or you are keeping significantly different routines... It does not appear to be the case.

Bear in mind that sadly, more advanced is your age, more vulnerable you are going to be (underlying conditions aside) therefore, If you as a couple are doing the exact same things, and getting the same level of exposure, I don´t think you should isolate from each other.

I understand that in Scott´s case, he is in a particularly vulnerable group and he is literally doing NOTHING, not even as a couple or getting out to the street, so he is minimising the contact with the people who does around him...

I´m I right @Captain Colonial? How are you doing by the way?

50 minutes ago, maurici said:

I understand that in Scott´s case, he is in a particularly vulnerable group and he is literally doing NOTHING, not even as a couple or getting out to the street, so he is minimising the contact with the people who does around him...

I´m I right @Captain Colonial? How are you doing by the way?

You are right @maurici good sir.  Me and 1.5m of my new UK friends are in the "extremely vulnerable" group, in my case due to having severe asthma and taking some fairly heavyweight drugs that suppress my immune system to prevent my arthritis from galloping away.  If it was one or the other I'd probably not be in that group, but put them together and points make prizes!  I've won AT LEAST 12 weeks stay locked in the exclusive Hotel Colonial, away from everyone else except Lady Colonial.  Sadly, that includes keeping at least 3m from her at all times, doing EVERYTHING separately, sleeping in the guest bedroom and not being able to go further than the garden.  Only (at least) 11 more weeks of the fun to go. :(

SWMBO will keep me busy soon with gardening (plants being delivered to the house) and I've got work to do on The Wench so that's something to keep me busy.  Two friends in different parts of the world died last week (not of the virus) and I won't be able to attend their funerals, which is a bit of a blow. :( Feeling somewhat mortal so I went through all my paperwork, ensuring my will and funeral details were in place so I didn't leave her in the lurch after I'm gone (hopefully no time soon, I've got a lot more fun to have yet).  Not a happy task I know but I feel better knowing it's done.

I'm okay now actually.  The next sort of personal milestone is next Saturday, which will have been a fortnight since I last had any outside human contact.  If I make it to there with no symptoms, I'll be very pleased as that's the outside limit on incubation period of the virus.  I'm finding ways to get things sent in that reduces the level of burden I'm putting on others, and trying to do things that make me happy.  I know that keeping myself well and isolated is potentially reducing the weight and risk to the NHS and their wonderful workers.  The time will pass.

Also had a load of booze delivered so that's a good thing! 😄

Thanks for asking m8 I really do appreciate it.  I'll be fine.  Please be safe out there everyone. :)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Thanks for asking m8 I really do appreciate it.  I'll be fine.  Please be safe out there everyone. :)

You are very welcome. I´m sure you will enjoy the time in the garden! XD. And booze delivered is allways a great thing.

By the way, if someone fancy facetime/skype/videowhatsap during some evenings, I offer my services to have a laught with my vulgar language and my sexy accent. (and that is about all the sexy I will go... don´t be dirty).

Actually, It could be a good thing to do as a group... Run a videochat, crack a can or pop a bottle of your favourite booze, and lets talk about the weather and lie about our cars and skills. If someone is up to it, and feels that will help to make more bareable the evening when is already dark outside, keep in touch by PM. 

May the force be with all of you!! :)298096983_WhatsAppImage2020-03-30at12_04_57.jpeg.270e1dc274d11fb169d26c57a61a8a0e.jpeg

(wow, my keyboard looks anything by sanithised... don´t worry chaps, It´s been recovered from the workshop, it was sharing box with a set of valves and the brake bleed kit... is sticky and dirty but not been in the outside world for a while...)

• Like 1