Julie's Battle of the Odo's 2019 RESULTS ANNOUNCED

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

This competition is back for another year and if you need an excuse to drive your Westfield, here is one. The MOT certificate records an odometer reading.  This competition is looking for who has the biggest mileage difference on their Westfield’s 2019 MOT certificate odometer reading. In my opinion getting the ‘Westfield’ miles in makes you a winner anyway. The prize for first place is £50 worth of vouchers to spend at the Westfield Factory Parts Department. Second and third place will get you £10 and £5 respectively off your membership renewal in WSCC for next year. What are you waiting for? Get driving and get sending your mileage to me.

THE BORING BITS

• The mileage must be in a Westfield.

• The competition is open to WSCC members only, not the Committee or Area Organisers.

• The closing date is midnight 8th November 2019.
• Email your mileage to peak@wscc.co.uk with a photograph/copy of your MOT certificate attached.

• The judge’s decision is final.

• You must agree to your entry being published in Westfield World magazine and online in the WSCC forum.

• Prize must be redeemed within 12 months, is non-transferable and no substitute prize or cash equivalent will be offered.

• If you have won first place in this competition before you cannot enter it again.

• Like 2

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman pinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

Julie,  thanks for running this competition again this year it is the little things like this, that make this such a great club. I won't bother entering this year as I only have a middling 2.5k, hopefully next year will be a better effort. Thank you again for organising. 

Chris 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McFrancis said:

I only have a middling 2.5k,

@McFrancisI would enter.. you may be surprised at the mileage of some of the previous winners

deffo enter, sadly many of that do (or have done) the big mileages aren't necessarily eligible due to being AO's, on the committee etc. so there's always a chance :d

• Like 1

Would enter, but the rules discriminate against cars less than three years old :rolleyes:

Tongue in check comment I may add!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdgeC said:

Would enter, but the rules discriminate against cars less than three years old :rolleyes:

Oops, meant to add that in my previous comment! You need an MOT to enter.

Don't worry Adge, it comes round sooner than you expect!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

deffo enter, sadly many of that do (or have done) the big mileages aren't necessarily eligible due to being AO's, on the committee etc. so there's always a chance :d

Don't forget the discrimination against those with a new built car too 😋 I got my first MOT in April this year and hence it will be Nov 2020 before I'll have the two MOT's required to enter :praise: In the defence of the 'Queen of cake eating', I can't really see any fair way to include new builds earlier, either though! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdgeC said:

Tongue in check comment I may add!

Hah, don't worry Adge, pretty sure if new built cars were let in most would be struggling to beat me at the rate I'm going anyway, but it's OK, I'm sure I can try to win it in a few year's time instead! 

• Haha 4

If you are on a limited mileage insurance policy make sure your entry mileage is under that!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, marcusb said:

If you are on a limited mileage insurance policy make sure your entry mileage is under that!

Or don’t crash 🤣 Especially if you’re an Amber Gambler 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I wish that I could include the new build cars but I can't find any other way to prove the mileage, it does give you something to aim for in 4 years time though 👍

I also wish that I could have a catergory especially for road going cars that also compete in the Speed Series, that would be an interesting one.

@McFrancis as the entries stand at the moment, a mileage of 2500 would win 2nd place, surprising isn't it. Get's a photo of your car in the magazine too 👍👍

@Julie Hall - Peak District AO you could run a separate odo comp for the new builds most mileage from registration to first MOT ie 3 years?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, marcusb said:

@Julie Hall - Peak District AO you could run a separate odo comp for the new builds most mileage from registration to first MOT ie 3 years?

...or divide this by 3 for a years equivalent.

• Like 1

@marcusb I could, that is a good idea, it's just getting people to enter that is the difficult bit SEND YOUR MILEAGE TO ME EVERYONE

Perhaps I will ask the committee for next year 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Not long to go before this competition closes and the mileages this year are surprisingly low. Send your mileage to me and if it wins I will ask to view your MOT certificate to verify it, I can't make it any easier for you to get £50/£10/£5. Just another perk of being a club member.

A photo of your car goes into the magazine too, the kids/grandkids will love that.