Westfield Webshop Improvement Ideas?

Westfield Chesil Parts Dept

@Mark (smokey mow)  Jase and Myself are currently uploading the parts onto the webshop for specific vehicle types. Jase is doing the 250... I'm doing the Westfield XI. Once these are uploaded, I'll do the Mazda SDV.

The 1600 manifold is no longer available , only 1800.

The webshop doesn't link into our system. We have to update the webshop manually. 

• Like 2

Appologies if this has already been said, but a "Collection" option at checkout would be fantastic for us local folks :)

• Like 1

We will look at adding additional information on parts to make it easier identifying if it is suitable for your requirements. This will take some time however hopefully you will all see general improvements.

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO Unfortunately to add non-stocked parts for older vehicles and identify the superseded parts/suppliers isn't an option. We just do not have the capacity available to offer a service like this.

If anyone spots something one the webshop that they believe needs identifying please let me know, by a PM on here or email parts@westfield-sportscars.co.uk

I'm on the webshop everyday however they way I use the site will be differently to how a customer interacts on it.

As always thank you for the input. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

@mrsntw this feature has been added. It is working when I process a test order. Hopefully it works for those who now wish to collect. Any issues or if it doesn't work please let me know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

@mrsntw this feature has been added. It is working when I process a test order. Hopefully it works for those who now wish to collect. Any issues or if it doesn't work please let me know.

Lovely stuff, will no doubt be making use of it!  Thanks.

• Thanks 2

Great to see you looking for feedback Patrick, hats off to you.

My only suggestion would be as you’ve already said to use the shop like a customer, you’re clearly on the forums alot (again kudos for this) so maybe when you see a product ‘wanted’ or being discussed in a thread - go to the parts dept and search for it yourself by the part name and see if it is intuitive to find.

Keep up the good work 👍🏻

• Like 2

@Paul T greta idea. When I see parts listed (when time is available) i'll check the shop to see if it comes up. If not I'll add different tags to ensure it comes up in future.

• Like 1

Jase has been working non stop all week on the webshop, making new sections, moving parts around and having an allround tidy up. It'll be different to normal but hopefully everyone sees and improvement. Parts should be easier to locate if you search manually through the categories.

We are adding additional information where possible (this will be done over time) adding parts that can be used in conjunction to related parts.

Thank you to everyone who gave feedback as without your help we cannot improve. If you spot anything that needs changing please feel free to let us know, as towards end of this week Jase has been having nightmares of the online webshop and his eyes are now massive squares... :) 

Hope everyone has an enjoyable final bank holiday of the year.

Regards

Patrick, Jase and the Westfield Sportscars Team

• Like 2

Oops, not sure how it looks from other browsers, but on iPad/Safari, he’s broken the formatting of the selection tabs for the different areas - they’ve lost the cell-padding to either side of the words, so all the sub section headings just look like one long Welsh train station name across the width of the browser.

Content wise, it’s great seeing it improve almost daily, so great work guys!

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Oops, not sure how it looks from other browsers, but on iPad/Safari, he’s broken the formatting of the selection tabs for the different areas - they’ve lost the cell-padding to either side of the words, so all the sub section headings just look like one long Welsh train station name across the width of the browser.

Content wise, it’s great seeing it improve almost daily, so great work guys!

Thanks for pointing this out Dave, the sections did work but ive had to shorten some of the titles in the main menu bar in order for them to easily visible on handheld devices (they looked great on desktop but not so good on ipad).

Hopefully all working now and the sub sections should all be ok to.

Cheers

Jase 

9 minutes ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

Thanks for pointing this out Dave, the sections did work but ive had to shorten some of the titles in the main menu bar in order for them to easily visible on handheld devices (they looked great on desktop but not so good on ipad).

Hopefully all working now and the sub sections should all be ok to.

Cheers

Jase 

Yep they are, straying into the area of auto-resizing web-sites now, that recognise the device/browser combination! I presume you guys effectively "get" whichever version of the shop package has been used, so may be something not even on the table!

Glad to help.

• Like 1

Just had a look on my phone and there is a slight format issue.

The main items of the page do not fill to the right of the screen (the greyed section). Just thought I'd mention it.

Screenshot_20190823-184921_Firefox.thumb.jpg.46f5909477912ef11cb8c115a848ad12.jpg

• Like 1