Clan McWesty: Strathfillan Wigwams: 19-21 JUNE 2020 - postponed until JUNE 2021

Rab (bombero) Reid

😢 Guys, I'm not going to be able to make this weekend! 😢

I'm gutted as I could do with the distraction but I can't get around my other commitments..

Have a great weekend and stay safe! 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Does everyone (Jim, Dave, Brian et al) have Friday off work?  Do we make a day of it, and go the longgggg way to Tyndrum - a route in mind, Jim? There's also Stirling services? Dave - what time are you planning on coming up?

Sorry but wont be joining you for the long way up on Friday, we will just take the 'slow route' as Jen is a little bit fragile after an injury, so we will just see you there on the Friday afternoon.

In the next day or so I will post a 'plotaroute' link and a few more details on the suggested run for Saturday, but will be much the same as mentioned a week or so back if thats OK with everyone.

Enjoy the Friday run, and sorry you cant now make it Rab.

Dave and Jen.

Hi Brad, we have Friday off and can head out anytime.

We can meet you at your place or ours.

Let me know your planned long way round route …

cheers

Jim

12 hours ago, JimM said:

Let me know your planned long way round route …

@JimM Haha, I see what you’ve done there!

Ok then, here’s my route, love it or hate it…

Ours, Kilsyth, Carronbridge, Killearn, Balloch, (lunch in Helenburgh?) Garelochead, Arrochar (lunch here or up to Drover’s Inn?)...

…then (depending on time and/or numb bums) straight to Tyndrum via Crianlarich

…or, Lochgoilhead (lunch?), then Tyndrum via either Inveraray or Crianlarich.

Leaving ours 10.30 – show up earlier and you’ll get a cup of tea and a wee.

@H.7 @Davep1 @Hornet600(top & tailing with Brian Fri night?) et al – I can PM our address if you like, we’re just off the M8 /A725 at Bellshill. Dave, this is a meandering tour taking in the scenery and flowers (leaving the blatting for your run the next day), so should be injured-Jen-friendly.

21 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

@JimM Haha, I see what you’ve done there!

Ok then, here’s my route, love it or hate it…

Ours, Kilsyth, Carronbridge, Killearn, Balloch, (lunch in Helenburgh?) Garelochead, Arrochar (lunch here or up to Drover’s Inn?)...

…then (depending on time and/or numb bums) straight to Tyndrum via Crianlarich

…or, Lochgoilhead (lunch?), then Tyndrum via either Inveraray or Crianlarich.

Leaving ours 10.30 – show up earlier and you’ll get a cup of tea and a wee.

@H.7 @Davep1 @Hornet600(top & tailing with Brian Fri night?) et al – I can PM our address if you like, we’re just off the M8 /A725 at Bellshill. Dave, this is a meandering tour taking in the scenery and flowers (leaving the blatting for your run the next day), so should be injured-Jen-friendly.

Happy to meet at yours, @BigSkyBrad. Please PM me your address.

7 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Dave, this is a meandering tour taking in the scenery and flowers (leaving the blatting for your run the next day), so should be injured-Jen-friendly.

Thanks again for the invite, but we are in damage limitation mode (Also, Westy now has a noisy diff ....), so will just make our own way there.

Will catch up for a Coffee / beer or whatever, later on.

Cheers

Dave.

Details of the suggested route for Saturday.....

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1574903?units=miles
I think, at the moment we have 5 cars staying all weekend, and a further 5 joining on Saturday.

Westfield run 19 June – 148 miles (178 miles if taking in Glencoe)

Incorporates a few stops / regroups / and to allow for piccies, or if anyone wants to go ahead at a ‘brisker pace’!

Start      Real food café Tyndrum, 10AM ish (Breakfast from 9AM) https://www.therealfoodcafe.com/

North on A82

Glen Orchy B8074

A85 to Dalmally

A819 to Inverary – Regroup at large CO-OP car park (on way OUT of town on A83)

Lochgilphead – Fuel stop (on way out of town A816) https://riverside-filling-station.business.site/

Crinan Harbour piccy stop / toilets. https://www.visitscotland.com/info/towns-villages/crinan-p235241

Kilmartin Lunch stop – carpark at rear of Kilmartin hotel, or in museum grounds.
Either v. good take away snack kiosk in grounds of museum, or Kilmartin Hotel (good beer garden)

Single track road West side of Loch Awe to Dalavich

Single track road Dalavich to Kilmelford

A816 to Oban

Fuel stop / Regroup at large ESSO 2 miles beyond Oban A85

A85 to Connel – OPTION TO TAKE A828 TO GLENCOE (Adds 30 miles on) then A82 Tyndrum

Connel to Tyndrum A85

Finish Green Welly car park for a blether.

Any comments / suggestions welcome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sounds good, I’m now arriving Friday and staying at Mutho Ben Dorran then headed home sat evening so if doing the northern loop, I’ll peel off at Ballahulish

Sorry not going to make this run, the cars still in bits and I've got to drive the lad down south to collect his new toy. Hope this nice weather holds for you all and have a great weekend 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Sorry not going to make this run, the cars still in bits and I've got to drive the lad down south to collect his new toy. Hope this nice weather holds for you all and have a great weekend 👍

Thanks for letting us know Steve, maybe we will see you at Kames again for Gary's trackday(s).

• Like 1

Space for one more ? I'm doing the same as Gary, making my way over today and staying at the Muthu Ben Doran tonight then heading back after the run on Saturday. Gary, if you're in the next room we could mutually agree to keep the snoring down to a reasonable level! See you all at breakfast at the cafe Saturday morning, if not before somewhere.  Cheers, Les

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crinan Harbour - the Atlantic side of Crinan canal which cuts through to Lochgilphead, negating sailing around the Kintyre peninsula.

IMG_20210619_181522.thumb.jpg.ce126ebbfc1ff000db18a9677bf2a0a9.jpg

• Like 3

Just home lol, 268 miles today!

great to catch up with everyone, it’s been too long.

Thanks to Dave for a great route for today’s run . 
Sorry I left after Kilmartin.

here’s Andy’s video of us leaving this morning.

and a few pictures

E2CB3A37-FB82-494B-BC59-9AC722BD41E0.jpeg

844947CA-DC50-4723-9B92-510765077B89.jpeg

AB9A1C0A-2F53-4F6F-A03C-F6034A35352D.jpeg

51A00407-88C8-4E14-914E-8179D57C9A32.jpeg

45B0A498-B7B9-413A-A768-0AEBB1AFFEEA.jpeg

• Like 4

Great weekend! Thanks to all who made it so! Fantastic to catch up with everyone. 478 faultless miles for me - happy 😁

• Like 1