Clan McWesty: Strathfillan Wigwams: 19-21 JUNE 2020 - postponed until JUNE 2021

Rab (bombero) Reid

Brad,

We paid a £50 deposit (50%).

Still happy to go if they keep it for that weekend, and the same group of huts.

Many thanks

Dave.

Hi Brad,
Same as Dave, happy to go ahead with the weekend.

Hut 17 £50 deposit paid.

keep us posted

Jean contacted the camp site today.

There has been no automatic carry over of our booking from last year.

You will need to rebook to secure you hut.

Hut 17 now confirmed.

So what are the dates I should be booking? Don’t want to turn up a week early or late 😏

Update: I found the dates in an earlier post on this thread - Friday 18th to Sunday 20th June 👍

I phoned them. However, as JimM said, for whatever reason, they haven't carried forward our bookings from last year. Hut 21 that I booked last year was no longer available so I was offered, and accepted, Firewater Lodge. Sorry if that was last year's booking for one of our group but, if so, let me know and we may be able to arrange to share. As I understand it, this lodge has room for four, and there's just me.

Cheers,

Brian

Spoken to Strathfillan this morning, and we have reconfirmed our Hut 18. See map.

They have said Hut 19 and 20 are still available, plus one of the group of 3 (Huts 14, 15,16).

They are not saving any for us, so if we want to book, contact asap.

Thanks

Dave and Jen.

image.png.71628e99f871f3ba03c222170168ff6e.png

@H.7 Ha, you gazumped us again! We had Firewater, but it's a one-double bed only, so it's yours - and you've probably done us a favour as the bathroom floor was rotten under the lino and I could pee stronger than the shower. Unfortunately all the other ensuite huts are booked.

Never mind, we've got a nice B&B in Tyndrum with full scottish brekkie for the same money.😊

I guess the next thing is to find somewhere for Saturday night dinner - same place as last time?

Tyndrum Inn Restaurant booked for Sat 7pm. Initially for 8 people - anymore will be on a separate table, let me know sooner than later.

If you have paid a deposit for the Wigwams, but aren't coming for the weekend, you will need to organise your own refund.

So far...

Brad-Diane

Jim-Jean

Dave-Jen

Brian

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigSkyBrad said:

@H.7 Ha, you gazumped us again! We had Firewater, but it's a one-double bed only, so it's yours - and you've probably done us a favour as the bathroom floor was rotten under the lino and I could pee stronger than the shower. Unfortunately all the other ensuite huts are booked.

Ah, sorry about that, but it was a snap decision when she offered it to me having told me Hut 21 was gone. Glad you’ve sorted something else / better? 🤔

On 22/05/2021 at 11:37, BigSkyBrad said:

Tyndrum Inn Restaurant booked for Sat 7pm. Initially for 8 people - anymore will be on a separate table, let me know sooner than later.

If you have paid a deposit for the Wigwams, but aren't coming for the weekend, you will need to organise your own refund.

So far...

Brad-Diane

Jim-Jean

Dave-Jen

Brian

Thanks Brad,

For breakfasts we will probably use the Real food cafe in Tyndrum like last time, and DIY at the huts for Friday night.

Cheers

Dave.

• Thanks 1

Hi Brian, any chance of joining you in Firwater? You can have the double to yourself though 😳

Saturday drive-out.

I can come up with a route - but it will be predominately single-track (so the pace will be down), but guaranteed to be roads that are new to almost everyone. I'll have it pop out at a hotel/cafe for lunch along the way (which will need to be booked ahead of time).

However, if someone has another idea for a route, to perhaps 'blow the cobwebs out', please put your hand up and plan it for us.

Had a quick look at the maps, and this is one 140 mile suggestion which is a mix of A,B and C class roads.

Takes in Inverary, Lochgilphead, Crinan canal, Kilmartin glen, and a superb little road from Loch Awe to Kilmelford.  Could also have a diversion to the Clachan bridge (bridge over the atlantic) if wanted.

Dave.

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1559378?units=km

On 23/05/2021 at 09:24, Hornet600 said:

Hi Brian, any chance of joining you in Firwater? You can have the double to yourself though 😳

Yea, no problem 👍 Brad mentioned above that Firewater was only for two, but the lady I spoke to at Strathfillan Wigwams last week said it could host four. I'll give her a call to confirm but, whatever, we'll manage. Consider yourself in 👍😊

Just checked - the Lounge has a double sofa bed 👍

That looks like a decent run Dave. Never been down that end of Loch Awe. Might try and join you all for the day. 

Bob