The Mental Health Thread

AdamR

I've wondered numerous times how you were getting having seen no posts from you.

Glad you're doing ok.😊

• Like 1

On 03/03/2021 at 18:11, Scott Young said:

We’ve been worried about you @Jude - The Mad Widow - it’s great to have you back and know you’re so much better. 😊

That's so kind. It's been torture hasn't it. I've got my car on the road for essential shopping 😜

1 minute ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

I've got my car on the road for essential shopping 😜

That's all mine is used for these days. Oh and a vets trip today - that was fun (not)

3 minutes ago, OldStager said:

That's all mine is used for these days. Oh and a vets trip today - that was fun (not)

You sound really fed up. It's not long to wait until we get our freedom back. The roads will be busy so I'm taking my motor home to the local sailing lake for a change of scenery and some socially distanced company! 

Are you making plans? 

1 minute ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

You sound really fed up. It's not long to wait until we get our freedom back. The roads will be busy so I'm taking my motor home to the local sailing lake for a change of scenery and some socially distanced company! 

Are you making plans? 

Yeah thanks Jude. I have been a bit peeved the last week or so. I didn't think this lockdown syndrome was affecting me, but I can pick up the signs these days at an early stage. Not helped by falling down the video watching 'rabbitt hole ' of watching stuff with the same subject matter.

Completed all my mods to the car over winter and have no where to drive other than Lidl once a week. So I should make some plans as you have done, may lift me a bit. A motorhome is perhaps what I need instead of the Westy, I hope you enjoy run out when we can, we need it.

Richard.

Hope everyone is keeping it together, I admit to being quite stir crazy now, this lockdown has been the worst one so far for me. Thank goodness for this forum, gives me things to do and read.

Here's to better days.

Stay safe all.

Richard.

• Like 4

Hello Richard, I've nearly finished decorating my conservatory. At least I will have something to show for lockdown in addition to a lost plot, wrinkles, grey hair and a stash of meds!! 

Pick a wall.. Paint it!! 

😻

• Like 1

You will have to send me some pics, you may have a side line career in house make overs...

Yeah bit peeved today, not helped by the constant rain here, at least I could go in the garden before, grrrr.

3 minutes ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

wrinkles, grey hair and a stash of meds

yeah that's me....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

Pick a wall.. Paint it!! 

But not those see-through walls! ;)

Just now, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

But not those see-through walls! ;)

We call those windows up North Dave..🤣

While being stuck isolating at home is horrible, having to travel on work at clients sites brings it own set of worries and triggers, too. Hard to describe the hollow feeling of dread sometimes, when the alarm clock goes off and you know you're at say, a city centre site that day.

To make matters worse, the room we had to work in yesterday, was labelled up and laid out as a Covid test centre!! I asked though, it had never actually been used for that, thank goodness!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

While being stuck isolating at home is horrible, having to travel on work at clients sites brings it own set of worries and triggers, too. Hard to describe the hollow feeling of dread sometimes, when the alarm clock goes off and you know you're at say, a city centre site that day.

To make matters worse, the room we had to work in yesterday, was labelled up and laid out as a Covid test centre!! I asked though, it had never actually been used for that, thank goodness!

Fair point, and I know the feeling of dread. When I was working, I was being sent all over the country repairing Fire Alarm stuff, and some of the places were awful, from offender reform homes to hospitals and many in between.

This was all pre-covid of course but the feeling of having to drive 200 miles to a building I hated was not the best for me.

7 minutes ago, OldStager said:

I was being sent all over the country repairing Fire Alarm stuff, and some of the places were awful, from offender reform homes to hospitals and many in between.

That brought back some memories. I was in a place for offenders at one point. We lived in House 1, 2, 3 or 4. Every Wednesday we had to clean the accommodation and then take all the rubbish to a fire to burn. The site was located on the top of a bank and this bank lead down to a river at the bottom. Myself and two lads where taking the bags of rubbish to the fire when we spotted an old tyre. We put the tyre in the fire and decided to then roll it down the bank into the river. Well, as the burning tyre went down the bank bits of burning rubber where flying off and making little fires in all the undergrowth. Because of the place we where in we totally panicked because if we had been caught, who knows. We scrambled down the bank to put out all the fires and to get the tyre in the river. We didn't get caught but we definitely s*** ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

That brought back some memories. I was in a place for offenders at one point. We lived in House 1, 2, 3 or 4. Every Wednesday we had to clean the accommodation and then take all the rubbish to a fire to burn. The site was located on the top of a bank and this bank lead down to a river at the bottom. Myself and two lads where taking the bags of rubbish to the fire when we spotted an old tyre. We put the tyre in the fire and decided to then roll it down the bank into the river. Well, as the burning tyre went down the bank bits of burning rubber where flying off and making little fires in all the undergrowth. Because of the place we where in we totally panicked because if we had been caught, who knows. We scrambled down the bank to put out all the fires and to get the tyre in the river. We didn't get caught but we definitely s*** ourselves.

Oh that was YOU was it, lol. Sure that was one of my call-outs to a smoke detector going off all the time 😃

• Haha 2

Another few bad days.  We are heading for May and the 6th anniversary of our car accident. It keeps slipping into my thoughts uninvited. I'm trying really hard to make every day worthwhile but don't always succeed.  I've been 2 weeks without seeing anyone, it's just not healthy for a hooman.  Usually when I'm cornered by bad thoughts I do a runner, but we are all stuck aren't we. I'm not bubbled with anyone, if this lockdown happens again I'm going to kidnap some passing man.. Just for entertainment... Ooh did I say that out loud? 

😇

• Haha 1