New Boardroom.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

Yes - the Webmaster politely requests that this bit is left alone :)

Happy to look at any suggestions or changes of course, but if we have several people all moving stuff around at the same time, it can get a bit confusing.

And speaking of which - I'd like to just have the Forum Rules Announcement only appear on the first page and not at the top of every single forum - it gets a bit intrusive on a mobile.

We all OK with that?

If Ade knows of a way to add in a "dismiss this huge protuberance as I have read it 100 times" button, that would be even better - I can't see a way to do that without some sort of plug-in though?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

And speaking of which - I'd like to just have the Forum Rules Announcement only appear on the first page and not at the top of every single forum - it gets a bit intrusive on a mobile.

We all OK with that?

If Ade knows of a way to add in a "dismiss this huge protuberance as I have read it 100 times" button, that would be even better - I can't see a way to do that without some sort of plug-in though?

Agreed - please see if a plug-in is available as well. :)

I'm guessing we still haven't got email notifications working yet?

No biggie, just making sure it's not something I need to do on my settings, which I think are sorted...

On 29/11/2016 at 12:51, dhutch said:

Along with a test thread for people posting images, the 'Activity' tab which replaced the 'View New Content' button is I expect worth a thread of its own.

#

One thing I have noticed, is the the URL/Location of the board has shifted slightly, which means none of my bookmarked pages work any more. I think its actually a slight improvement as its shorter, but I wonder if its worth it for the broken links it will create. Example below:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/120484-where-to-buy-a-zetec-north-midlands/      new format

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/120484-where-to-buy-a-zetec-north-midlands/     old format

Daniel

Rewrite rule written and tested and this should now work.

Please could someone tell me how to display the latest posts only with no conditions attached.

Thanks

( One complaint but otherwise so much better -  well done!)

@Rory's Dad OK Martin, strap yourself in...

1) Click on the "Unread Content" buttons on the top or bottom right side of the forum.

2) You'll get this screen:

001.PNG

3) Select your preferences as follows (from left to right):

Show me: As below - make your choice.

010.PNG

Content Types: Lets you select only what new content you want to see - make sure you hit "Apply Changes" when you're done if you've changed this:

002.PNG

Read Status: As below

004.PNG

Ownership: Again, as below, make your choice, material everyone has made, only that you started, only where you have posted, or only where specific members have posted.

005.PNG

Following: Again, pretty obvious stuff, either follow Everything or just selected stuff you're following

006.PNG

Time Period: Choose what time period for the new content in which you're interested

007.PNG

Sorting: Newest or oldest first

011.PNG

When you're happy with the way you want to view new content as a default, hit the "Save As New Stream" button.  You can then give it a name like "My Unread Content" if you wish.

020.PNG

Finally, you have a few buttons on the left - the first one lets you rename the search stream title (here as "Unread Content"); the second one deletes search stream you've saved; and the third one lets you save the search stream as your default (highly recommended):

021.PNG

You won't need to do this again unless you don't save your stream as your default, or change your new content preferences.

That's it! :)  It's a very powerful tool that adapts to your preferences, a huge improvement on the last forums IMO.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it - but I love the new Search facility (soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the old Google thing)

:yes::yes::yes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tisme said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it - but I love the new Search facility (soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the old Google thing)

:yes::yes::yes:

Yeah, I used to hate the Google version, so I'd always pick the old forums own search system from the drop down list, it was much nicer to use. (Not sure why people kept asking for the Google option to be set to default).

Looks like we get trophies as well :)

MARCUSB.jpg

• Like 1

Yep - there's also a Leaderboard with values for number of "likes" today, this week, this month, this year, and all time leaders - see below:

030.PNG

@marcusb You can also see in your profile how many times you've won a day with a most liked post of the day - don't forget to add a photo for your profile cover as well!

031.PNG

Here's mine, for example:

032.PNG

• Like 1

Wow, cover photos and reputation trophies.  The new forums just keep on giving.....:t-up:

Great work.

Yep, I like the cover photo bit, (you can do similar on lots of entries, calendar events for instance!)

Gratuitous cover photo shot - 

IMG_0615.PNG

I used the Boardroom from a Laptop for the first time today too, wow, so many cool short cuts!

Highlight a passage in someone's post and it instantly pops up with a box asking you if you want to quote that passage! Love it. 

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Highlight a passage in someone's post and it instantly pops up with a box asking you if you want to quote that passage!

I am quite liking all these little undocumented features!