New Boardroom.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Doh, posted at the same time as Mark, with the same idea :laugh:

Yep, I've checked by logging on as a forum member and it doesn't appear for me, so it looks like it's just set for Admin. 

No idea how to change it though :d

2 minutes ago, Quinten said:

Only one solution for it then...  Admin rights please :d

Careful what you whish for, there's a committee election in a few months and a position available :d:oops: :ww:

I've had a look at the normal  Admin back-office area and spotted some very powerful tools lying around, so while the grown ups were busy working in there on the new site, I tip toed back out again :suspect: :d

it may be doable from there, but as I'm aware there are some quite major site building/altering tools open to admins, that wouldn't normally be, I've been refraining from fiddling with all those big red buttons, unlike Scott ;) :p :getmecoat:

Yep I don't have a source button either,

also it keeps sending me right to the started of the posts when looking at new posts.

Are you clicking on the large dot or star next to a topics title?

Can't find a way to enable the Source button for non-Admins so please add it to the Wish List, must be a way to do so.

• Like 1

Ahh I was clicking on the title as before, if I click on the dot it goes to the last post:t-up:

• Like 1

As a hack, would it be possible to duplicate the admin user and all it's settings, then downgrade the rest of the settings to the normal user level?

One for a Chris and Ade's list, anyway.

1 minute ago, Sycho said:

Ahh I was clicking on the title as before, if I click on the dot it goes to the last post:t-up:

Yep, for anyone that's not tried it before, clicking on the title, takes you to the start of the thread, dot/star takes you to the last post that you've previously read. (The dot changes to a star if you've previously posted in a thread)

Note though, that in the new super whizzy configurable Boardroom, you can change this in certain places.

if you use the unread content button, in the list view, you can use the buttons at the top of the list to change what you see and how you navigate it. There is an option there to change links to go to the first unread post, instead of the start of a thread. It doesn't change how the dots/stars work, but does change what clicking on thread titles does on that page.

35 minutes ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

For notifications, click on your user name in the top left and choose Account Settings, then Notification Settings on the right and choose when to be notified and by what method. Simples.

I get notified only if someone quotes me, looks like the option I need to select is greyed out so unselectable. Has my boss become admin?

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, RussH said:

I get notified only if someone quotes me, looks like the option I need to select is greyed out so unselectable. Has my boss become admin?

image.jpg

You have to click on the greyed out button.

Sorry, just noticed the test gallery..........