New Boardroom.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

Wow, just added the pic, that was easy.

Like it, like it, like it!

Also touching the WSCC banner at the top takes you directly to the Boardroom start, nice.

IMG_0495.JPG

• Like 1

It certainly is - the editing facilities are also much easier to use (and the new features)

I can't see how to insert a photo image in the middle of any text though ? (like picture, some words, another picture etc ?)

DSCF3297.JPG

Start writing your text, click on "click to choose files"

IMG_0275.JPG

select the image thumbnail, and once the big image is in the posting, you'll see the blue flashing cursor, just to the right of the image, hit "return" to start a new line, and continue typing.

or insert a picture, IMG_0244.JPG and just hit "space" before continuing to type. This will leave a single spaced line between the photo and the text. (On big monitors set to high res, it might even try and put text on the same line as the photo, which is why I normally use "return/enter"

What is slightly more fidly, is going back to add photos into text, you need to break the text where you want to add the photo by hitting the return/enter key a couple of times. (Enough to give a clear gap between where the photo is to go and the existing text. Then position the cursor on the blank line and select the image as normal.

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

IMG_0093.JPG

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

PS

I'm just learning/working out how to do things too, so I'm not saying this is the conclusive way to do things, just what's worked for me so far!!

if we start getting a few more tips and tricks for using the new tools, perhaps we'll split them off into their own thread!

I'm doing this one by typing the text, then clicking on "choose files..." - after I've chosen the photo I want, I left-click and hold on the image and then drag it into the text box, and it drops in automatically:

2014-06-16_17_28_34.jpg

and I can keep on typing afterwards.

• Like 2

Excellent! I'm on an iPad at the mo, so can't try that one just yet.

4 hours ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

I'm doing this one by typing the text, then clicking on "choose files..." - after I've chosen the photo I want, I left-click and hold on the image and then drag it into the text box, and it drops in automatically:

2014-06-16_17_28_34.jpg

and I can keep on typing afterwards.

I am delighted to see that I'm not the only member still firmly wedded to flares!

Old pic, old trailer, old house, old rollbar...

WInsure2008_0407_170512AA.jpg

Later picture, later rollbar, new(er) house, different wheels and tyres, shell driver's seat, same old flares!.

DSCF4353_zpsdc09c357.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

I am delighted to see that I'm not the only member still firmly wedded to flares!

Old pic, old trailer, old house, old rollbar...

WInsure2008_0407_170512AA.jpg

Later picture, later rollbar, new(er) house, different wheels and tyres, shell driver's seat, same old flares!.

DSCF4353_zpsdc09c357.jpg

Quite right too, 'tis a beautiful flowing look, as I and Mr Eastwood can attest. :cool::t-up:

• Like 2

IMG_0217.JPG

flares are the future! ;)

• Like 3

Love the flares, I am after some red ones if anyone has some lying around, site looks good still finding my way around , attempted to add a photo to my profile but got a message saying file too large?

See photo below, getting there first time I have been able to do this,    great. 

DSC00345.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

What is slightly more fidly, is going back to add photos into text, you need to break the text where you want to add the photo by hitting the return/enter key a couple of times. (Enough to give a clear gap between where the photo is to go and the existing text. Then position the cursor on the blank line and select the image as normal.

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

IMG_0093.JPG

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

That's Biscuit (my cat) !! :o how did you get a picture of him - this new forum system is really, really clever ???

:d:d

p.s I don't have any pictures of anything flared - the ones of me in the 1970's have been confiscated by the dress-code police ......

• Like 1

Don't let anyone give you that nonsense about flares adding more drag than cycle wings either! You get hold of my flares and lift, they rise an inch or two easily, yet watch them on a track and they don't rise at all - they do wobble, but not rise!

I wanted a proper Lotus Seven (S3) as a student but had no money despite them being about £645.2s.6d as a kit. Once I had the wherewithall they had become so stupidly expensive that I wasn't prepared to risk a divorce for one although my Good Lady is a real fan too. A Westfield looked to be a good alternative especially with flared wings so here we are! Thirteen years owner ship and no regrets.

• Like 2

Absolutely agree, you might be able to measure some additional lift with flared arches, but you certainly don't feel it. I suspect you probably notice a bit of extra drag, if anything.

Other than 2 email notifications which ended up in the Spam folder on Gmail, I've not had any further email notifications.  Are they still intermittent?