Clan McWesty: North Scotland Run: 24 MAY 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

ATTENTION: TRAFFIC NEWS for SUNDAY! (THOSE SOUTH OF THE FORTH BRIDGE)

Delays are expected in both directions from 3:00am to 11:30amhttps://trafficscotland.org/news/story.aspx?id=12745).

For the likes of me, this'll probably mean an earlier than planned head start to try and beat the worst of it as I know that there's a few different events taking place on the Fife side plus the usual Sunday traffic.

Ta Rab - Fine for me as I'll go via Stirling instead.

The traffic on the bridge and before it last night was horrendous ...........that was at 7:30 PM too !!

Another Lotus from our neck of the woods Rab .....an Exige this time ........so there will 'hopefully" be 6 from us 'Northerners"

Amazingly, the forecast for Sunday isn't looking too bad! :)

Thinking about the route back down the A9 on the way south. How about turning off after Pitlochry for Aberfeldy, then down towards the Sma' Glen and Crieff? Great road and a bit less boring than a slog down the A9 all the way? After Crieff, folks can either head west to Perth or south, depending on their preferred route home.

Just a thought.

Matt

On Call this weekend, but hoping I can meet up in Aviemore 

I've still got your mob no so I'll give you a call when we're in that area :t-up:

Another Lotus from our neck of the woods Rab .....an Exige this time ........so there will 'hopefully" be 6 from us 'Northerners"

The more the merrier!

Thinking about the route back down the A9 on the way south. How about turning off after Pitlochry for Aberfeldy, then down towards the Sma' Glen and Crieff? Great road and a bit less boring than a slog down the A9 all the way? After Crieff, folks can either head west to Perth or south, depending on their preferred route home.

I guess it'll just depend on the time of day when we get there but sounds like a good plan and I don't see why not .. we can chat about it on Sunday :)

Just had an update from Alastair - he's had to call off because someone's coming to see the Busa on Sunday.

I'm planning on leaving the house 8.30ish and heading to Perth via the A9 if anyone else is passing this way?

Matt and I are meeting at the Dobbies car park FK94UF at 8:45 just off the M9 if anyone wants to meet up before heading to Perth.

• Like 2

Matt and I are meeting at the Dobbies car park FK94UF at 8:45 just off the M9 if anyone wants to meet up before heading to Perth.

Ray is joining us at Dobbies too.

Still don't have firm plans, but what's the best way to maintain contact on sunday?

Keep looking here? Or will I PM Rab my number?

Anyone else just meeting in the Grantown area?

Still don't have firm plans, but what's the best way to maintain contact on sunday?

Keep looking here? Or will I PM Rab my number?

Anyone else just meeting in the Grantown area?

Hi Doug, I should have your number from the members list so I'll just get it from there. I'll call/text you when we're in that area.

Perfect, thanks.

Have you a rough eta in that area.

It would be good to publish a rough idea of any planned stops (eg. Lunch) etc and approx timing in advance to allow those joining enroute to plan their journeys. Doug has a fair way to travel to meet up. Even just a lunch stop suggestion would be useful.

• Like 1

Doug, please PM me your mobile number as I've only got your landline on record. Cheers.