Clan McWesty: North Scotland Run: 24 MAY 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Right guys, next trip planned is a run up north, possibly meeting quite early in Perth from where the highlanders will lead us around some of their finest blatting roads!

Details are to follow so watch this space .. the date will be SUNDAY 24th MAY

ATTENTION: TRAFFIC NEWS for SUNDAY! (THOSE SOUTH OF THE FORTH BRIDGE)

Delays are expected in both directions from 3:00am to 11:30amhttps://trafficscotl...y.aspx?id=12745).

For the likes of me, this'll probably mean an earlier than planned head start to try and beat the worst of it as I know that there's a few different events taking place on the Fife side plus the usual Sunday traffic.

THOSE GOING

Me

Bob

Campbell

(+ 1 Lotus)

Matt

Graeme

Phil

John

Chris

Alastair

Doug (part tbc)

Ray (tbc)

William

UPDATE:

Okay everyone, the details are as follows:-

We meet the highlanders at Perth (venue: McDonald's at Broxden roundabout just off the A93. Junction 12 on the M90 then right hand side of the A93) 9am for 10am at the latest, to head north. The route will take in Blairgowrie, Ballater, Grantown-on-Spey, Aviemore and Pitlochry, approximately 5.5 hours in total. A few stops and a spot of lunch and back home at a reasonable time!

Hopefully the following link will work:

Hope to make this one.

Will Bob be dodging sheep again? :d

No can do ...

Weekend planned with friends at Pitlochry.

Bummer .... Was looking forward to the North run.

See you all at Applecross

Okay, I've updated the first post with more details! Anyone recall our usual RVP in Perth .. was it not at a McDonalds?

Okay, I've updated the first post with more details! Anyone recall our usual RVP in Perth .. was it not at a McDonalds?

Sure it was McDonalds if I remember...

We all agreed the McDonald's at Broxden roundabout just off the a93 was best. Junction 12 on the m90 then rhs of a93. There is fuel there also. All going well I should be there.

• Like 1

We all agreed the McDonald's at Broxden roundabout just off the a93 was best. Junction 12 on the m90 then rhs of a93. There is fuel there also. All going well I should be there.

Thanks John! First post updated ;)

Any chance someone can post a map of the route in advance of the run? Be handy to have if anyone gets lost.

Matt

No can do ...

Weekend planned with friends at Pitlochry.

Bummer .... Was looking forward to the North run

See you all at Applecross

We'll drop in past Pitlochry just to rub it in Jim!!!!

• Like 1

Any chance someone can post a map of the route in advance of the run? Be handy to have if anyone gets lost.

Matt

The link on the first post should pull up Google Maps for you. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll just stare blankly into space like the IT dinosaur that I am I'll get right on it!!

I'll also update the first post with numbers going as we'll need them for the lunch stop, so PLEASE let me know soonish - ta! :) A few of our regulars have been quiet this year so far, so a little prodding won't go amiss..! ;)

Hope to make this one.

Will Bob be dodging sheep again? :d

More to the point will the sheep be doging Bob!!

Rab I'll tentavly put Chris's name in the hat but till I speak to him I'm not sure if he will come., if OK with the rest I might also see if a couple of mates in their Lotus's want to come along for the run? That is Elise's not 7's

The link on the first post should pull up Google Maps for you. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll just stare blankly into space like the IT dinosaur that I am I'll get right on it!!

I'll also update the first post with numbers going as we'll need them for the lunch stop, so PLEASE let me know soonish - ta! :) A few of our regulars have been quiet this year so far, so a little prodding won't go amiss..! ;)

Ta Rab - had trouble with the link at work but sussed it now! You've missed John off of the list though. :)

I think Alastair might be coming too, so will ask him to confirm. Dunno about Steve, as it's a bit of a trek for him at the moment but will check.

Matt

• Like 1