just started mazda SDV

daveq92

You weren't missing those long bolts were you :d

Search for polo rad on here - you'll get loads of results. If unsure shout out and I'll get you the part number of the one I ordered

Hi

I have a dash that was on a scuttle I bought you can borrow if you can collect it from either Willenhall or Bromsgrove - It had stack instruments in it so the holes won't be any good, but it is a genuine westy dash off a ZK Scuttle.

I had loads of rear suspension bolts that were too short - I gave up with trying to get the right ones so i got them from Namrick for not much money.

Shaun

look for it where mate lol

type "polo rad" into the search function  :rolleyes:  :durr:  :d

OK thanks for that, if I can't get one a bit nearer mate I might take you up on it :)

Hi everyone, I have just read on a blog something that concerns me and wondered if anyone here can clarify for me, as you know from my blog I am intending useing a stand alone ignition system with bike carbs but I have just read that if the doner vehcle is registered after 1995 it has to have "fuel injection" which rather throws all my ideas out the widow especially as iv'e bin it, . Does anyone know if this is rigth or would they accept it if the emission's are OK ? 

There's not a requirement per sae for fuel injection but if your engine is post Aug95 then it has to be capable of passing the Cat1 emissions test (Co <=0.3% HC <=200ppm lambda 0.97-1.03)

Hi all this is up to date all the corners done,so its on to the engine and as iv'e got all the bits I need for that apart from head bolts and crank seal so i'll get a fuel tank and radiator to fit while the head and flywheel are off to be skimmed and lightened. As you can see iv'e cleaned up the uprights and brakes and given the a coat of paint I was going to paint the Diff but thought it looked ok the way it is. I have say though and i'm sure you all know the build manual is not alot of use and I am fed up having to get bits tht should have come to begin with  :) 

dogsandwestie035_zps69e93524.jpg

dogsandwestie036_zps043a6bcf.jpgdogsandwestie038_zps8ec09b03.jpgdogsandwestie040_zps64d93b1e.jpgdogsandwestie039_zpsa5d90577.jpg

Don't use your LH engine mount as a guide for the position of the engine. You will have to re drill the three holes - everyone does :)

Is there any threads showing on the lower shocker bolt after the nyloc. I'm sure you're aware you need two threads showing to keep the iva man happy but thought I'd say just incase :)

Don't use your LH engine mount as a guide for the position of the engine. You will have to re drill the three holes - everyone does :)

not quite everyone :d I moved my engine back and redrilled the single hole for the RH mount :) it's tight for the clutch fork though.

Interesting. I would have dropped off the gearbox mounting plate. The fact the 1.8 is a touch longer may be why?

Hi everyone, I have just read on a blog something that concerns me and wondered if anyone here can clarify for me, as you know from my blog I am intending useing a stand alone ignition system with bike carbs but I have just read that if the doner vehcle is registered after 1995 it has to have "fuel injection" which rather throws all my ideas out the widow especially as iv'e bin it, . Does anyone know if this is rigth or would they accept it if the emission's are OK ? 

Worst case scenario I'm sure between us the Mazda owners have got enough spares to put together a complete injection system!

Worst case scenario I'm sure between us the Mazda owners have got enough spares to put together a complete injection system!

I am sure you are right Dommo!

not quite everyone :d I moved my engine back and redrilled the single hole for the RH mount :) it's tight for the clutch fork though.

Am I the only one who didn't have to redrill a single hole for the engine mounts?  I moved the L/H bracket forward on the engine block using some of the several redundant threaded holes available - had to tap the old threads as they were full of crud, but it all fitted perfectly.