Applecross 2014 camp McWesty

ziplob

You better get them spanners going... :)

They are I can assure you !!! heading south on Thursday got a bit of straightening to be done :down:

Applecross , it looks like the tunnel at the site is not opening this year so i have booked us into the Applecross inn at 6.30 on the Saturday night , So start getting names up so i can tell them how many to expect , I will contact them to make sure of this and will update soon .

1 here for food, extra big bowl of langoustine seeing as you are offering, oh and a bucket of Guinness.

• 2 weeks later...

Applecross 2014 the plan ????

Not many sleeps now till Applecross 2014 so here's the plan.

Thursday 19th June out support van will be in two places this year , 7.30 we will be at the BP garage at the deer park roundabout Livingston till 8 we will then move down to the BP garage at the forth bridge for 8.30 , Kev do we have a driver this year get back to me A.S.A.P . the support van should then be going to Fife . this is a chance to get a very small carry out in the van.

Friday June 20th

First meeting point  will be the Killmahog visitors centre for 10 o'clock in the morning , the support van will be there so that's another chance to store your small carry out and half bottles of vodka ???

next meeting point will be the Green Welly for 11 o'clock there should be room for one more very small carry out,

We will head of over Rannoch heading to the Onich Hotel , were booked in for lunch at 12/12.30 .

From there next stop will be Fort William for Fuel and a chance to get a small carry out in Morrison's and a half bottle of vodka also some alcopops for kev, Kyle and Jamie.;

I think this year we should stop at Eilean Donan Castle for pictures .

we should arrive at Loch Carron filling station for 4.30/5 as they have a very nice guy who own's the garage and he will be glad to see us again.

Then its off to Applecross we should get to the camp site for 5.30

Friday night we have the ok to put up a gazebo and will start the Barbie, you will only get food this year if you have a wig on  there will be no exception to this.

At this point we may drink a small carry out that we found in the back off the Support van and party till the wee small hours .

Saturday 21st June

This year were booked into the walled garden for Breakfast 10/10.30 in the walled garden, its about half a mile from the camp site . if you don't want it then the meeting point for Saturdays run will be the entry road into the camp site for 11.30.

Saturday's run will take us to skye where we are heading to Armadale, we are booked into the Clan Donald visitor centre for tea and cakes at 2, and a chance for some pictures ,heading back to the campsite for 5.30/6.00.

Saturday night we are booked into the Applecross inn for dinner at 6.30 after that there may be a small carry out left in the support van.

Sunday 22nd June

7.30 in the morning its off to the beech for Ziplobs morning swimming class , this year were going to try and beat last years record of no one turning up for a swim ,

We should be packed up and on our way for 10.30

I can tell you it will be a Fantastic weekend with a great bunch of people but I leave the weather in the hands of him upstairs . we do not have the caravan this year just far to deer but the gazebo will be fine and there is seats at the huts . I will have all the maps for the Saturday run and if there is any changes I will let you all know .

Bob Reid {ziplob}

• Like 1

Eilean Donan will make an amazing location for photos Bob, better than Jimmy Bond with his Aston. Can we put up more than 1 gazebo? We could do with a bigger one if its raining. I'm sure i've got a plastic 5x3m one in the loft

Great work there, Bob! Cannae wait!! Off to Stoneleigh this morning :-) I'm going to give y'all some earache about this year, lol!

Better get that wig organised when I get back home !!!!! Should be a great week end .....what's the total head/car count confirmed?

have a good trip to Stoneleigh Rab ....................next year I hope  :yes:

I've got an 8m x 5m marquee if that's of any use.?

I've got an 8m x 5m marquee if that's of any use.?

That would be perfect if the capsite allow it. Wig ordered today, roll on 20th June

Hi,

Any room for 2 more (me + son)?

We'll be coming over from just south of Inverness on Saturday morning and we'd meet you all for breakfast. We'd then join in for the Skye run and the evening meal back at Applecross before heading back home Saturday evening. A long day, but it'll be worth it!

We came over to see you all at Applecross last year on the Friday evening, but that was a month before I got my own Westy.

Looking forward to joining in the fun!

David

that's ok David places booked , your right it will be a long day see you on the sat morn.

that gazebo will do fine , do you have sides for it.