TOP GEAR TONIGHT..

Stu Faulkner

Rubbish tfi friday meets top gear, just a load of rubbish , hope it gets better but it wont . Evens is dreadful and its an insult to a once fantastic motering show . R.I.P top gear

• Like 1

A bit wooden and still very scripted but will give them time. Eddie Jordan is on the next episode so it may take a little while longer before I like it.

^^ Agree, Dom  I'd say there was not enough Schmitz either!

• Like 1

There's also 'Extra gear' on I player.

It's a bit of behind the scenes.

I'm disappointed too, thought they would make an effort to change the format a bit, the format was already getting some what monotonous with the three amigos so to leave as is was a big mistake. there was a big fanfare about the additional presenters but little evidence of them on the main program. I actually thought Matt was ok, guess I'll probably keep watching though.

Didn't think there was too much wrong with it, but.......

.......have never been much of a Chris Evans fan, but during his early days in TV (TGIF and DFYT) he was nothing if not innovative and edgy. So my biggest disappointment is that he hasn't deployed that talent and given TG a proper facelift.

Can't abide that evans character , never could , never will  .

BBC's latest iteration just sealed the fate of TG . IMO 

I have been one of the ones saying "give it a chance" as everyone seemed to be running it down before the first broadcast

all I can say is after watching the first one "I hope it gets better" --- I will keep watching though!

the extra show was much more entertaining and I cannot work out why Harris's bit was not included in the main show

the extra show was much more entertaining and I cannot work out why Harris's bit was not included in the main show

Unfortunately the gen pub doesn't know what "Ohlins dampers" are or give a sh*t... but I agree, Harris transfers very well from net to TV - even his celebrity interview was quite good.  

I saw it on iplayer last night.

I thought that Chris Evans and the American chap were actually OK together on the pre broadcast and edited features.  The Nomad slot was good.  The filming and editing of the clips was still as well filmed as before.

I thought the audience part at the track was dreadful as was the celebrity bit.

It is always going to be hard to make a 'cover' work when it is so closely associated with the original performers but I will still watch it as it is the only car show.

Evans is definitely better on radio that TV where his energy and constant talking makes sense.

Lets see how it develops.  Jordan and Button are on next week.  He did do some great f1 segments so could be interesting. 

David

After watching TG and TG extra, I have come to the conclusion that Mr Evans should change roles with Mr Harris.

• Like 1

After watching TG and TG extra, I have come to the conclusion that Mr Evans should change roles with Mr Harris.

I would not be at all surprised if that happened :t-up:

well not sure about that as I guess it's already filmed if not at least scripted?

but wouldnt mind betting this is a test bed for new talent ready for the next series

Mixed for me. SIARPC was always boring unless the guests were spectacular. Gordon F*****g Ramsey and some dude who looked like a rabbit in the headlights are far from spectacular. 

The opening sequence between the 'Vette and the Viper lacked anyone actually talking about how the cars were to drive, save for a very few words about the gearbox on the Viper and that ridiculous wing. If memory serves, when the lads were doing that sort of thing we got to hear much more about what the cars were like to drive. The lack of information coming out made the piece seem long and boring. And now I think about it,the rest of the pieces seemed to suffer in the same way, IE lack of info leading to a boring piece. And the Reliant trip to Blackpool? Worst TG feature ever?

I'll give it a chance next week...