Oulton Park with Trackaction-Online March 1st

SteveH

good video , car looks planted Adam in the corners and bl**** quick in a straight line! is that a 4 or 5 speed box as seems very tall geared if its a 5 sp eed? 

Ah, thanks guys. Yeah the handling work I did over winter (not sure if you saw the mammoth thread!) seems to have paid off. A few more tweaks and she'll be there I think. It's a 5 speed box but a 3.92 diff, so 4th (1.0, 5th is 0.87) tops out about 135mph @ 8300rpm :laugh: Ideally would bang a different box or diff in but it's quick enough, and that would be £££...

Look forward to the pics and vids from the Civic Andrew - and good to meet you as well :t-up:

Another one to keep things rolling:

Top day out with Trackaction and thanks to whoever it was for pulling my name out the hat to get the free westfield club space.

Fabulous afternoon ride with steveh pedaling faster than i've ever seen whilst being hunted by phil, neil and matt and being blue flagged by the marshals.

Few gremlins with the pinto - plugs breaking down and the temp sending claiming us to be operating at 120 deg meant we got limited laps in but still nice to catch up with the faces from silverstone last year and a few new ones. Marty - time to get on track with yours!

Alistair

Fabulous afternoon ride with steveh pedaling faster than i've ever seen whilst being hunted by phil, neil and matt and being blue flagged by the marshals.

I reckon the marshals were trying to wind Steve up , but it still made us chuckle seeing him being shown the blue flags while we were chasing him ! , just hope someone got it on video !

Haha, that's funny ^^

Always seemed to miss all the Westies every time I was on track! Next time...

Thanks for the pics Andrew :t-up:

Thank goodness that you got the 'good' side of mine Andrew - the other side had an 18" muffler bolted on. Looked kinda silly :)

A superb day, though had more fun towards the end, if I'm honest, as I prefer an emptier track - but the (great) positive was that there was no queues! Only my second of (hopefully) many :)

Cheers to Steve and Mark. Nice to meet you both and ShaggyDoo down from Pontecarlo (finally saw your wave on video, haha!).

Great vids Adam! Looks like you were enjoying the car after the issues I read about before.

Have just tried to PM you, as I'd like to ask you a few questions, but I'm being told you can't receive them.

Cheers,

Steve

Thank goodness that you got the 'good' side of mine Andrew - the other side had an 18" muffler bolted on. Looked kinda silly :)

A superb day, though had more fun towards the end, if I'm honest, as I prefer an emptier track - but the (great) positive was that there was no queues! Only my second of (hopefully) many :)

Cheers to Steve and Mark. Nice to meet you both and ShaggyDoo down from Pontecarlo (finally saw your wave on video, haha!).

Nice one Ian, a great day had by all i think. It was good to put some faces to usernames :d

Im now on with trying to edit the footage i took.

Haha, I saw that and thought I was going to drive into it at one point! Did the job to get you under the noise limit though I'm guessing?

Great vids Adam! Looks like you were enjoying the car after the issues I read about before.

Have just tried to PM you, as I'd like to ask you a few questions, but I'm being told you can't receive them.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks Steve! I think my inbox was full, I've cleared it now... Gimme a shout if it's still not playing ball.

Nice one Ian, a great day had by all i think. It was good to put some faces to usernames :d

Im now on with trying to edit the footage i took.

Good to meet you as well mate! Look forward to seeing your footage :)

Was a superb day yesterday, the civic absolutaly blew me away with its performance! Here's a vid below:

You look bl**** quick Adam, the car looks planted and the driving pretty faultless, 1.55's is a great time!

what program do you use Adam to edit and compress your GoPro footage?

Im struggling to compress my footage. :suspect:

Have a look at this guys, its the Scirroco into the tyre wall!

Hope it all works.

Was a superb day yesterday, the civic absolutaly blew me away with its performance! Here's a vid below:

You look bl**** quick Adam, the car looks planted and the driving pretty faultless, 1.55's is a great time!

Civic sounds awesome and goes well! Good driving too of course. Quite fancy a FWD tin top again for playing on track...

Ah, thank you. There's quite a few places I know I can do better though, from watching the vids and checking data. Next time..!

what program do you use Adam to edit and compress your GoPro footage?

I use a 'completely legal' copy of Adobe Premiere CS5, its fairly complex but good results. Windows Movie Maker is surprisingly good :)

I couldn't watch your video, maybe still uploading? Edit, works now! I wondered how he'd managed to get there, just carrying too much speed in I guess?

Check out this lap.

I was fast approaching the fiesta van in the vid, and thought, is this a track incident car? A second later and i miss my braking point and panic :down: