Newby From Abroad

Ciavatta

Hi there!

I'm Andrea, from Rome.

I bought a Megabusa an year ago from a guy near Woking, I think formerly a member here, as some copies of the club magazine came with the car.

Last year, during my very first trackday in a seven (had an Elise for years), I broke a main bearing and scratched a journal... I then fixed the engine with some little goodies, and had fun during last spring/summer along the beautiful roads here in central Italy (have you never heard about Tuscany? )

A couple of months ago, when I was France, Col dè Turinì to be precise, for my ever wished Alps trip, during a local historic rally, one of that fu****g french rally drivers caused a collision. He was overtaking another car during a corner, just when I was coming the other way. Now I have a bent chassis sitting in the garage and a plan to made a complete rebuild. I'm already in touch with the factory for a new chassis, and for some other stuff. I have to define some last details and then proceed with the order.

I want to thanks all of you guys, 'cause from the forum I learnt a lot of the stuff about the car. Special thanks goes to Mr. Gadgetman and Fatbaldbloke, that were really inspiring with their (re)build threads. A very big thank you also for Luke Algar from Plays-kool, who's a really good chap and gave plenty of advice!

See you in the forum!

(oh, and please apologise for my English...)

During MilleMiglia

301zi9f.jpg

And in front of mount "Gran Sasso"

e81ptz.jpg

A couple of videos

First blat after engine rebuild

And...

Edited by Ciavatta

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ciavatta

• SootySport

• Torqueman

• alexander72

Nice car, very nice videos and a brilliant hat :cool:

Such a shame about the crash :down:

Oh and welcome back!!

(you might like to join the club too!!)

Rory's Dad

Hi Andrea, some great videos. Good luck with getting the car rebuilt, a fine opportunity to rebuild exactly how you want it!

Hi Andrea, I think your an effin' nutter, but I like your style :t-up::d

I like your style , I thought you drove on the wrong side of the road ;) , awesome roads although I don't think I'd like to have an off there ! , best wishes with the rebuild as already noted a good opportunity to upgrade .

Do you have many others owners nearby or car club meets , I've posted a few parts to Italy before , would be good to hear or see some more pics of others out with you .

just checked out the other video - snow on the ground and hooning around - good work Andrea... I love the CD player that you can hear over the engine noise - must have massive speakers!!

What's Italian for cojones? :o

Meatballs.

/obvious