Donington Kit Car Show, 1St And 2Nd Sept

markcoopers

Hi All,

This is shaping up to be a really good show, lots going on. We should support this in numbers if nothing else.

The WSCC via Gary and the Derby/Notts area used to put on a cracking show at this event before the show closed, so as a club do we want to go back, what do we want and who is going to help?

Donington_Masthead_2.1.jpg

CLUB NEWSLETTER - July

Six weeks and counting!

Here's the latest news from the Donington National Kit And Performance Car Show headquarters...

• ClubZone sponsored by Car Builder Solutions
  • Can you play an instrument!
  • Is your club quick enough!
  • Rolling Road at the show
  • Vinyl wrap demonstration
  • Club area location change!

www.doningtonkitcarshow.co.uk

rolling_road.jpg

M-Tech Rolling Road

Want to know what power your engine really produces? Well here's your chance. M-Tech will be running its professional rolling road for the whole weekend. And if you book a session in advance, they'll even do a full diagnostics and adjustment check. Contact them on 01373 303033

Hometyre Pitstop Challenge

Get a club team together, or just members of the family and head into the main hall where the HomeTyre team (a division of Maxxis Tyres) will be running a mega F1 style wheelchanging competition. Each day, a trophy will be awarded to the fastest team. It'll be free to enter and you can have as many goes as you like!

We've got it wrapped up!

We just had to tell you about the Grafityp vinyl wrap demonstration that will be happening all weekend in the ActiveZone. Wrapping panels and whole cars in vinyl rather than painting them, seems all the rage at the moment, and Grafityp will be showing you how. Don't miss it.

ckc_unplugged.JPG

Music Maestro! On Saturday night CKC will be hosting a chilled out evening where all clubs are invited to join us at the CKC marquee where we'll have a communal bbq area. But we've also got CKC technical editor John Dickens playing an unplugged guitar session. He's pretty handy but he's also inviting anyone else who fancies joining him to bring along their own instrument and join in! So spread the word to your club members. Ideally, John would like to hear from those interested in advance of the show, so contact him at john@performancepublishing.co.uk

Donington Media Sponsor:

TKC_Logo.jpg

IMG_0520.JPG

ClubZone - Sponsored By Car Builder Solutions! We are delighted to confirm that Car Builder Solutions will be sponsoring the ClubZone at Donington. Make sure your club has booked space as there are prizes up for grabs...

• Best Club Stand - Specially made trophy for the club to keep.
  • Best Car - £100 CBS voucher!
  • CBS Special Award - £100 CBS voucher to the oddball car that catches the judge's eye!

Our thanks to CBS for their involvement.If you've not yet booked a space then please emailian@performancepublishing.co.uk

ClubZone Moves: Having been assured that the infield area would be serviceable for the show it's now clear that, after all this summer's bad weather, the area is in a state. After a couple of recent site visits, we have decided to relocate the club area to outside the main hall. This is not the area used in 2007, but instead an open area near the wood. It's a great spot and there's still access to the infield to watch the racing all weekend. The location is also far closer to the camping area.

IMG_4213.1.jpg

Club Basics

Book Space: Tell us if you'd like a space set aside for your club.

The Club Area: The club display area at Donington has been moved! It's now outside the hall, near the camping area. Pedestrian access to the infield to watch the racing remains in place.

Book your tickets now and save!

Just hit this link to go to the Donington show website to save money by buying your camping and entry tickets in advance (kit car drivers get in for free, of course!).

Donington_Masthead_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I will be going. :t-up: Have we booked a stand yet - if not, why not?

Unfortunately this conflicts with the Speed Series event at Anglesey and I will be up there from Thursday till Tuesday....

We have had some really good shows there over the years ( and it has to be said some disasters....)

If any one wants to have a go please contact me for any advice, and I am sure Mark will also assist.

For anyone thinking of organising it you need to be around on the Friday for set up and there over the weekend or have a good team you can rely on when you're not.

As Chas and the team who look after Stoneleigh will testify there things take a lot of effort to get right but are immensely satisfying when it all goes well.

Garry

The reason I asked is because Complete Kit Car magazine sent me an email asking if we needed space for a club stand and for how many cars as they hadn't heard from us yet. I have forwarded the email to Mark Jackson - Showss and Events Co-Ordinator and asked him to reply to the mag directly. If its just a case of reserving space I can do that, but for how many cars?

Weather permitting, i should be allowed out.....

Had a baby last week, so westfield use has been at the bottom of my things to do list... Hoping to do a nappy run to tesco if the weather picks up.!!

:d :d

Tickets, camping/both days, booked for mrs C and myself. Deffo be in Westfeild... Even if it snows!

How do we get a tent with the WSCC members and Mrs C mentioned a BBQ, with lessor car clubs was a BBQ, bring your own steak... Same thing happening there?

• Like 1

If you run out of space and cars keep arriving it gets really bad for all......so.... I always estimated on the high side, if you have a spare bit of space so what...

I would have thought space for 60 cars would not be unreasonable. If the weather is good and the show gets a bit more publicity I think there could be a good turn out.

If I have read the blurb correctly the club stands are on the infield, our best shows were when the infield was in use.

The last show 3 or 4 years back was poor because the stands were outside the circuit beyond the airport parking and the dust was very bad.

Looks like they have sorted that out....

Sorry chaps, I am on my hols at the mo. yes 60 or so cars is a good shout.

We as a club have not done anything with this as we shall see how it goes this year and then we may well make an effort next year. Ofp course if anyone wants to do anything then please shout.

I have reserved a stand with enough room for 60 cars. Can anyone bring a WSCC flag on the Saturday? and can anyone take down on Sunday?

I have reserved a stand with enough room for 60 cars. Can anyone bring a WSCC flag on the Saturday? and can anyone take down on Sunday?

Mr C's too relaxed about these things and has been to them before. I'm not so sure. Can I book a spot for us and how do we find you? I've paid for driver and camping at £5 and adult passenger at £15, was this the right thing to do?

Thank you

I'm not sure about camping, but driver gets in free and the passenger at a reduced rate. Theres no need to book a space for you on the club stand - just drive around until you find us or ask one of the marshalls where we are.

Hi there will be a few of us from the warwickshire area pls come and say hello .there is also a few spaces on are track day in sept c u there cheers chippo

Will be attending in my Westfield and camping the sat night if not Friday too, not sure if I need to book anything in advance or even where to park? Will be with the misses so any advice welcome, glad to support the WSCC in any way I can.

Would be good if there was a gazebo of some sort to be a focal point, Mark I know funds are low at the moment so I presume a small professionally supplied job is not on the cards....

Camping booked for me, Nakki and boys, C U there :)