Scottish Area Events Information For 2012

Wee Dov

great photos guys, wish we were there, hopefully next time... :down:

Great pictures folks.

Glad you all missed me lol ha ha ha

Re: APPLECROSS WEEKEND

It seems that it's going to be a busy neck of the woods on our weekend as the Celtman Extreme Scottish Triathlon is on: http://www.cxtri.com/index-1.html - I would've entered but I've already booked my camping hut and packed my westy! :p

The nutters, I mean triathletes will be swimming Loch Shieldaig on Saturday morning and running through the village later in the day before heading out into Torridon and the Coulin Pass. Roads are going to be mental, so we either go along and join in the festival or think of another route for that day .. :oops:

Re: APPLECROSS WEEKEND

It seems that it's going to be a busy neck of the woods on our weekend as the Celtman Extreme Scottish Triathlon is on: http://www.cxtri.com/index-1.html - I would've entered but I've already booked my camping hut and packed my westy! :p

The nutters, I mean triathletes will be swimming Loch Shieldaig on Saturday morning and running through the village later in the day before heading out into Torridon and the Coulin Pass. Roads are going to be mental, so we either go along and join in the festival or think of another route for that day .. :oops:

Looking at the schedule for the race, our run round the penninsula may be ok. The swim starts at 05:00 and then they head east towards Torridon. It's unlikely there will be much activity around Shieldaig around the middle of the day when we'll be there. All of the remaining parts of the triathlon are east of where we'll be, so hopefully not an issue.

Cheers,

Matt

ps - The road to Lochcarron opens again this week!

Looking at the schedule for the race, our run round the penninsula may be ok. The swim starts at 05:00 and then they head east towards Torridon. It's unlikely there will be much activity around Shieldaig around the middle of the day when we'll be there. All of the remaining parts of the triathlon are east of where we'll be, so hopefully not an issue.

Cheers,

Matt

ps - The road to Lochcarron opens again this week!

I agree but I'm concerned about all the support vehicles (every participant has to have one), spectators, etc that may still be hanging about. I did see that the run and bike sections do head east towards Lochcaron, Torridon and Coulin, which is great for us. :)

Don't worry Rab - we'll send you on ahead to clear the road..... :laugh:

• Like 1

Don't worry Rab - we'll send you on ahead to clear the road..... :laugh:

I'll get Alastair to make me up a Westfield snowplough attachment! :laugh:

I'll get Alastair to make me up a Westfield snowplough attachment! :laugh:

I think he's got one already ;it hangs up next to the BIG rack he made last time lol

Oh forgot to ask .How many sleeps? :oops:

we could start a points system , 1 point for a runner , 2 points if there on a bike and three points if there swiming????????????

Just a reminder guys of the run to Dunoon on the 6th of May, we will be meeting at Loch Lomond Outlets and NOT Lomondshores as they have a car event on there that day. The Loch Lomond Outlets is the former Argyll Motor Works and maybee more fitting in any case.

Sunday May 6th 2012

10:00 Meet at Lomond Outlets in Alexandria (former site of Argyll Cars), for map and how to get there http://www.motoringheritage.co.uk/ . There is a large car park, park to the front of the building at far end.

Craig

Just a reminder guys of the run to Dunoon on the 6th of May, we will be meeting at Loch Lomond Outlets and NOT Lomondshores as they have a car event on there that day. The Loch Lomond Outlets is the former Argyll Motor Works and maybee more fitting in any case.

Sunday May 6th 2012

10:00 Meet at Lomond Outlets in Alexandria (former site of Argyll Cars), for map and how to get there http://www.motoringheritage.co.uk/ . There is a large car park, park to the front of the building at far end.

Craig

I'll be there. Who else is going? I think Rab and Dean are going to Stoneleigh, so they won't make it/

Matt

I am planning on going, although it depends on reliability as always.

Off doing the Pistonheads West Coast run on Sunday and if the car survives that, then I will be there.

Fraser

I'm planning on making the dunoonk, I'm away for the weekend but shall come home for this, I've mean meaning to go for a decent run in the westie.

Frag, what are the ph runs like, never done one before?