Kugawestie's MX5 SDV Build Thread - Now An Upgrade Thread

KugaWestie

If theyre like all the others I've ever worked on, then all you do is stick a thin needle or straight pin into the jet and push it into the desired position.

That was my plan, need to raid the sewing box!

Make sure 'er indoors doesn't catch you.

Bob

Make sure 'er indoors doesn't catch you.

Bob

Discreetly done tonight - nearly had a face full of water smokey! :p

I have had a depressing day today, this wiring is really getting to me :down:

I have got the headlights working, but I am not convinced it is correct as the mazda wiring diagrams include relays and I have got it all working without any relays. The tail lights, rear fog and reverse are all working as well.

Heated screen is all wired in, as is the 12V power outlet.

I have got the horn all wired up, but it wont work, and I cannot work out why not.

I also cannot get the brake lights to work, and again, cant see why they dont work.

I had to walk away from it today as I was getting very frustrated with it.

Sat indoors sulking now :angry:

After exchanging a couple of pm's with "Mark Mazda Westfield" smokeymow guru, all is well again, and I now have a working horn and brake lights.

What a star he is :d

:t-up: :t-up: :t-up: :t-up: just glad it was an easy fix :)

I have had a depressing day today, this wiring is really getting to me :down:

I have got the headlights working, but I am not convinced it is correct as the mazda wiring diagrams include relays and I have got it all working without any relays. The tail lights, rear fog and reverse are all working as well.

Heated screen is all wired in, as is the 12V power outlet.

I have got the horn all wired up, but it wont work, and I cannot work out why not.

I also cannot get the brake lights to work, and again, cant see why they dont work.

I had to walk away from it today as I was getting very frustrated with it.

Sat indoors sulking now :angry:

remember brake lights require ignition on whoops to late you sorted

After exchanging a couple of pm's with "Mark Mazda Westfield" smokeymow guru, all is well again, and I now have a working horn and brake lights.

What a star he is :d

He is a god send to the Mazda SDV building fraternity - damn decent fellow too! :yes:

• Like 1

He is a god send to the Mazda SDV building fraternity - damn decent fellow too! :yes:

:blush: :blush: :blush: Ah thanks :t-up: I'm just happy to help out a fellow builder :)

Invaluable. i might have my tonge firmly in cheek with the "guru" epithet, but for the amount of help and encouragement I've had from someone I've never met, I'm rather hoping I can shake hands and buy you a beer at Stoneleigh this year. If anyone needs an example of what makes this club worth paying up and being part of, it's you, Mark. Top bloke.

• Like 1

Invaluable. i might have my tonge firmly in cheek with the "guru" epithet, but for the amount of help and encouragement I've had from someone I've never met, I'm rather hoping I can shake hands and buy you a beer at Stoneleigh this year. If anyone needs an example of what makes this club worth paying up and being part of, it's you, Mark. Top bloke.

:blush: :blush: Thanks Mike :t-up: I can see we'll have to organise a get together of all the SDV owners at Stoneleigh this year

Which begs the question...bringing the SDV or the narrow?

Which begs the question...bringing the SDV or the narrow?

That questions easy, the wide of course, it's the only one that stands a chance of being ready and driveable then :laugh:

Getting back on topic as this thread is drifting, it's all quiet from Gary, I wonder if he's got the hazzards and indicators working yet :westy:

I am uP for an SDV meet at Stoneleigh, what day is everyone planning on going?

Hazard switch is all wired in, indicator all done apart from power. I am on the instruments now!

I am uP for an SDV meet at Stoneleigh, what day is everyone planning on going?

Hazard switch is all wired in, indicator all done apart from power. I am on the instruments now!

Most people will be there on the Sunday I'm betting.

I am on diazepam and vodka now, off the scale on my instruments :t-up: