Kugawestie's MX5 SDV Build Thread - Now An Upgrade Thread

KugaWestie

Saw it last night, well chuffed for you sir, two happy births last night then! :t-up::westy::)

Yes, two births last night :laugh:

Not quite worked out how to get a better way of inserting a video into a post yet though......

Well done, sounds great! Thumbs Up Smiley!

Well done, Gary, so glad you got it sorted. Sounds marvellous!

Thanks for the support guys!

It sounds a bit throaty at the minute, as there is no lambda sensor in the downpipe, and I only chucked the exhaust on really quick, no gunk or brackets, otherwise the neightbours would have been round :p

But yes, well pleased, and I am sure the roar on the open road will be nice

Not much to report for tonights efforts

I spent some time tidying up the loom on the left hand side of the engine bay, put some connectors on the horn cables and plugged them on, connected the rad colling fan cables, changed the engine earth strap to a nice new one (mini earth strap), and checked the continuity of the tacho cables.

and checked the continuity of the tacho cables.

Anything amiss? or did it all test ok?

Anything amiss? or did it all test ok?

It all checks ok.

The cable that feeds the rev counter currently goes into a white connector that I have not got plugged into the dash loom anywhere at present, which explains why the tacho is not working ??? . The wierd thing is I cannot find a corresponding femal connector for this to fit into :blush:

The other wires going into this white connector are one that goes to the heater controller, several wires that I have stripped in connection with headlight retractors, and a green/yellow that runs to a connector on the RHS of the engine bay to a two wire connector (not connected to anything at present). The other wire from this connector is a Red/Blue which then feeds up into fuseblock number one (not main fuse block) and goes into the 15A fuse outside of the cover labelled "Engine" according to Rods manual. The other side of this fuse in the box has nothing connected to it :oops: . So I am unsure on this at present.

It all checks ok.

The cable that feeds the rev counter currently goes into a white connector that I have not got plugged into the dash loom anywhere at present, which explains why the tacho is not working ??? . The wierd thing is I cannot find a corresponding femal connector for this to fit into :blush:

The other wires going into this white connector are one that goes to the heater controller, several wires that I have stripped in connection with headlight retractors, and a green/yellow that runs to a connector on the RHS of the engine bay to a two wire connector (not connected to anything at present). The other wire from this connector is a Red/Blue which then feeds up into fuseblock number one (not main fuse block) and goes into the 15A fuse outside of the cover labelled "Engine" according to Rods manual. The other side of this fuse in the box has nothing connected to it :oops: . So I am unsure on this at present.

Sounds like you've lost a connector somewhere in the process of removing wires? :oops:

My trusty notebook that I listed all the wires I removed in tells me that I neither have green/yellow or red/blue connected anymore.

green/yellow I have listed as the power antenna and red/blue to the headrest speakers ??? which doesn't sound quite right from your description :oops:

Sounds like you've lost a connector somewhere in the process of removing wires? :oops:

My trusty notebook that I listed all the wires I removed in tells me that I neither have green/yellow or red/blue connected anymore.

green/yellow I have listed as the power antenna and red/blue to the headrest speakers ??? which doesn't sound quite right from your description :oops:

Lost connector - dont think I have - they are all laid in the passenger footwell, and none fit it ???

So what do I do? Leave it in loose for now until everything else works I guess?

Lost connector - dont think I have - they are all laid in the passenger footwell, and none fit it ???

So what do I do? Leave it in loose for now until everything else works I guess?

I think that's probably what I'd do.

Can you email me a photo of the connector in question and I'll see if it looks familiar.

Taking your trusty notebook Mark, I have another one for you to see if you can help......

Again on the RHS of the car, engine bay side of the loom gromet. I have a two wire connector.

Wire 1 is a white/blue cable and teminates in the instrument cluster white connector port i (starter on circuit board?)

Wire 2 is a green/orange that goes into the dash loom you gave me and is taped to another green/orange wire that go nowhere. The other cable it is taped to then ends up in the instrument cluster white connector port c (check heat on circuit board?)

Any ideas - are these surplus?

Just sent you an email with a couple of photos :)

Pin 1C on the dash is for the check engine light (although I have different wire colours to that). It doesn't suprise me that is goes to nowhere as the Eunos doesn't have a check engine light. IIRC it was only fitted to the MX5 and miata, hence the only way to see fault codes on an eunos is through the diagnostics connector.

I'm 99% sure the white/blue wire you don't need as I haven't used it at all in my wiring guide. If memory serves me (and my diagram lets me down for this) it was a signal wire that switches the brake warning lamp on when you start the car and then extinguishes it after a few seconds as a check function. The wiring circuit is all built into the dash and I tried but failed to get it working. It doesn't matter for IVA providing you have the test switch on the top of the brake fluid reservior.

brakelightwiring.jpg