Donor done, build started

Dommo

When ate you next sprinting at Castle Combe? Dom and I were there back in March watching some! What's top speed at CC anyhow? At the Action Day I think fellow club members were topping out at 120 odd.

I wont be back there till next year (hopefully) with the Speed Series.

For my car which is a 1.6 running a 4.3 diff it's geared for approx 120mph when in was an MX5. Running back through my videos it's showing between 110-115mph on the speedo going through Folly and up to Avon Rise.

• 2 weeks later...

A few photos from a drive me and the boy went on yesterday:

P9150111_s.jpg

P9150113_s.jpg

P9150115_s.jpg

P9150116_s.jpg

P9150118_s.jpg

On the "my car isn't quick enough front", I'm tempted to fit an aeroscreen this winter on a separate scuttle. Re-routing the wiring loom should mean it's a case of swapping scuttles for track days.

That won't make my coolant leak go away though, so I'm still going to have to pull the engine this winter :( Then make a final decision from there.

I remenber my first runs back in the early summer- it's so satisfying to get out and about after all that work. You don't get anywhere fast though as you have to keep stopping to take photos of the pride and joy. :laugh:

No front number plate?

The DVLA are probably still sorting that out for him :d:oops:

I think the only people that haven't picked up on my lack of front plate is the police! I'm holding off putting a sticky one on until the registration is sorted, then I'll stick the private plate on it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I just caught your post over on scoobynet - love it! :t-up:

We'll have to organise a Swindon meet soon so I can admire it in the flesh! :)

• Like 1

I just caught your post over on scoobynet - love it! :t-up:

We'll have to organise a Swindon meet soon so I can admire it in the flesh! :)

Not this weekend please, not around  :(

That's alright I'm still squeezing more ponies into my engine whilst it's out...