Smokey’s Narrow rebuild

Mark (smokey mow)

Are you going to take the opportunity to add any extra bracing on the chassis?  ;)

There's still a couple to put back in the top of the engine bay as yet.  Then once It's fully welded I'll take a look and see if there's anywhere else that could benifit from some extra bracing.  :)

Where are you smokey?

Are you still alive after a day on the grinder?

Are you going to take the opportunity to add any extra bracing on the chassis?  ;)

Wrong thread - you want this one.  ;)  :D

hurt feelings  :laugh:  :(

Not me, I didn't do it, you can't prove anything  :suspect:  :oops:  :blush:

Wrong thread - you want this one.  ;)  :D

hurt feelings  :laugh:  :(

Nah mate, gentle ribbing from your friends who want to see the Porsche live... :t-up:

And take the p*ss at the same time! :laugh:  ;)

Where are you smokey?

Are you still alive after a day on the grinder?

Still here  :sheep: I had a works xmas meal yesterday so couldn't do anything on the car then.  I was orignally hoping for another day on it today but as Ben does this for a living and I'm not exactly paying him :D he's taken on some paid work for today  :oops:

Are you going to do anything manifold wise with this or leave it standard? Just read a thread in January where you looked into it (for the wide I believe)...

Are you going to do anything manifold wise with this or leave it standard? Just read a thread in January where you looked into it (for the wide I believe)...

It's still an option on the cards for the wide car as I'm not a big fan of the stock MX5 manifold and that S-shaped link pipe but as yet I've done nothing more on it.

On this car for the moment and to help keep costs down I'll be using the standard exhaust arrangement since I happened to pick all the bits up for next to nowt, eventually though I'm sure it'll be changed.

I'm still trying to keep the costs down for this car as it's only intended to be a cheep track hack, but I keep getting he temptation to spend money on upgrades  :sheep:

but I keep getting he temptation to spend money on upgrades  :sheep:

That's weird... nobody else on here does :p

but I keep getting he temptation to spend money on upgrades  :sheep:

That's weird... nobody else on here does :p

Yeah, never heard of that before sir  ;)  :D

This week I've been back at work again so haven't be able to follow the progress on the chassis.  Ben's been slaving away on his own and got the welding finished so today I grabbed an hour in the middle of my day to collect the chassis back from his works.

Back in my garage again now and looking much better than she has done for a long time :cool:

DSC_0276.jpg

We put a bit of paint on the welds just as a temporary measure to keep the rust at bay just until I paint it properly.

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

Plenty of bracing to support the steering column :D

DSC_0279.jpg

Next job for me is to drill off the seat back panel, wire brush off all the old silicone sealant from the tubes and prep the frame ready for painting.

Looking good Mark - POR 15 soon then....

Yep  :) Guess what I'm going to be doing during the Chrsitmas shutdown  :p

An artist of some description, just what type - paint or alcohol  :p