• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Breaking my car

adamnreeves

Contrary to popular belief I am not breaking my car down and selling off in bits  :D . I've been a little quiet, well more than usual so you may have missed it  ??? Mainly because certain individual just seem to take the P**s.

My car is an Aero-screen SEiGHT and was bit of mixed bag in terms of some of the design choices I went for. It happens when building over a five year period. After some track action and 1/4 mile runs and lots of road driving I've decided that I want the car more focussed.

Luxuries such as carpets make no difference when wearing a helmet due to aero screen. The westfield sport seats look nice but I always felt that I was sitting on them rather than in them and part of car. Also the seats were a compromise with used with 4 point harnesses and decided that a seat with holes through for harnesses was the way to go.

I was always going to go for a RAC style roll bar but with the play skool bargin of a full roll cage decided that I would go for this item. Thinking of adding extra weight also drove me to think I need to make some serious weight reduction. I've removed close on to 53kgs from the car and can realise another 12kgs adding up to 65kgs. Some items need replacing with lighter weight ones meaning I need to add back 20kgs. Plus the rollcage of 27kgs so a net weight reduction of 18kgs  :)  So a safer more rigid and lighter car. The new weight without me and fuel will be 650kgs which will give me very close to 500 bhp/tonne  :):)

Work in progress. I think it looks better than carpet anyway.

IMG_3769s.JPG

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adamnreeves

• echoz

• nikpro

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

Them new seats look really light!

:D  :devil:  ;)

If only this would work.  However the seats are circa 5kgs each. I will probably run with no passenger seat for a while, well at least until I've been back to the POD.

Will not be installing the seats until I get the roll cage.

I've been going down this road for a while now Adam and I'm finding it hard to think of what to loose weight on next.

It's a very expensive route as you can imagine.

I was once told that even if it sounds insinificant, every little counts, bit like Tesco's :D

In the pic above, I notice you still have rubber trim around the dash and Aero, you may want to think about losing that, rubber is heavy  :t-up:

Looking very cool though and love the floor :D

Tiggs

Adam, are your floors/tunnel panels carbon or covered ali. My friend Jason is interested in removing his carpets, but he is quite fussy about what it looks like and i recon yours would be the look he wants.

I'm finding it hard to think of what to loose weight on next

try eating fewer pies Paul  :p  :laugh:  ;)

Have you seen tigger paul ???

You seem to be sitting very low in that picture. We can only see your head. Do your legs go under the car?

:D:D:D:D:D

Cheeky, unfortunately, eating less pies is NOT an option :p???:D