• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• chrisbin

• Blatman

• neilwillis

Maybe its just me being a hardened Northerner but i wear normal glasses to see where i am going and thats it!!!  :0  :cool:  ;)  :p

Try putting large side screens on instead of the door to prevent alot of buffetting!

I regulalirly drive over 80 (on a track of course!!;) without doors on and that is about the limit before you cant see anything!!  :devil:  :0  :D  ;)

I vote for side screens and be hard!!  :devil:  ;)  :p  :cool:

Cheers

Kevin

You mention 'side screens' and 'doors' in this post. I always thought that what I had were side-screens.

Is this what you're referring to when you say side screens, or something else?

aat.jpg

Andy

I'm sure mother would approve, very flattering pic Andy ;)

and just for the record, I haven't got a clue what Hogman is talking about either.

On the grounds I sold him my 'side screens' I hope he's not expecting them to be 'doors'  :p

Cool...was just wondering if there was perhaps something smaller than them that does a similar job.

And Si, I doubt anyone on here is likely to tell my mother ;)

Andy

sorry i came to this thread late, and almost everything has been covered.  but im bored :zzz::zzz::zzz:  so thought i would add my tuppence worth.

This is probably something that gets asked a lot, but what do people wear on their head while in the Westfield?

rcently aeroscreened - so goes something like this.

hot and sunny - bloc sunglasses (about 20quid, not as good as oakleys but decentish lenses and they do keep the wind out) baseball cap (stays on up to a hundred)

cold and sunny - bloc sunglasses, addidas wooley hat - fits really nice and tight good for 120, thinslate gloves with leather grip patch.

nightime - safety glasses cos im paranoid about my eyes with the aero.  you can get some decent rap around ones these days that look ok cheaply - try Arco.  hat and gloves as required.

Rain - crash helmet

Not sure I'd survive without a windscreen...it's bad enough without the side-screens

ime windscreen+sidescreens best, aeroscreen okay, windscreen no sidescreens the worst by far.  the wind whistling up trying to inflame your right nostrel is painfull.  the aeroscreen feels a lot more comfy.

well that was my tuppence worth ;)

im going to put my head back on the desk and start snoring :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

Got a URL for those sunglasses? When you say safety glasses, I presume you're talking about those plastic things we used to have to wear in school science lessons (or something similar)?

Andy

this will be a bit long winded cos arco's website doesnt show the full address.

www.arco.co.uk

pick - personal protection then safety spectacles then lightweight fashionable spectacles

i quite like the pulsafe ones, but you could try the u-vex i-vo ones for something a bit more outlandish (£7.25)

as the blurb says:

Lightweight.

•Innovative and distinctive two colour design.

•"wrap-around" lens for optimum protection.

•New "Quatroflex" temple pads for cushioned comfort to ears,nose and brow.

•Adjustable temple length and lens inclination for individual fit.

•Supravision coated, polycarbonate optically correct lens

not quite what we use to wear at school (but i bet the trendier kids these days do)

OiOi

So, once again a bit late to interject but when I go out in the summer, I wear Oakleys and no hat which results in what my wife calls "Westfield hair". Not to be confused with "Hathair".

Minus the sidescreens and I can't see above 85ish. Baseball hats I like in the Summer but I woudl refer you to "Hathair". In the winter, I prefer a Thinsulate hat to hypothermia.

So, what is worse, "Westfield hair" or "Hathair"? I should start a poll :cool:

Stu

I must have an oddly shaped head or something. Above 75 or so, my thinsulate hat gradually pulls itself off the top of my head.

Leads to some interesting moments trying to drive with one hand while simultaneously trying to sit on my now discarded hat!

Andy

I was going to make that 'oddly shaped head (or hair)' but figured you'd be along soon enough to do that for me ;)

Andy

To all....... :)

If you are driving a Westy with cool  :cool:  shades you really need to consider the impact resistance of what you are wearing.

The goggles/glasses need to be near bullet proof (fashionable shades will not suffice)

If a bit of grit launches itself from a tyre it is probably approaching sonic speed levels and you need to have eye protection that will cope.

This is either bikers eyewear or industrial goggles/glasses.

Dont laugh cos I am a project manager in the construction industry and if eye wear is stylish enough then people/youngsters wear it (same as `toe tector` trainers)

???See here

Protection can be cheap as long as designer label is not required.

How much do you value your eyes........ :0  :0  :0