• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• chrisbin

• Blatman

• neilwillis

Isn't it about time we had the annual showing of the Steppenwolf hat photo  ???   It was Stepps wasn't it  ???

And no, Blatman, I haven't run a search for it...

Oakleys were a bit out of my price-range for buying sunnies so I bought a pair of Julbo Magic's, £80 and you get dark lenses, clear lenses and the yellow high contrast lenses moomin mentioned. I can't find them on the julbo website www.julbo.fr  ??? but I'm sure they're still being sold.

why not just buy a helmet? u will need one for speed series if ur entering anyway?

mike

I already have a helmet from my karting days. However, I'd be a bit loathe to wear it while driving on the road for two reasons:

1. Restricted peripheral vision.

2. I'd look a bit of a 'nana. :)

Andy

well you do drive a large one :0  :0  :0  :D

nana that is!!

Now now...

All the more reason for the driver to attempt to not look like an extension of the car :)

Maybe I should just go the whole hog and wear my yellow Sparcos and Yellow helmet...

Andy

2. I'd look a bit of a 'nana.

Watch it. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :devil:  :p

I've been thinking about this topic recently, as i am fitting an Areoscreen.

Am looking at Paintball stuff at the moment, they do a mask/goggle combo thingy which looks like it would give your eyes/face good protection.

I'll post finding here at a later date.

Andy :t-up:

Not sure I'd survive without a windscreen...it's bad enough without the side-screens ;)

Perhaps I've turned into a southern shandy-drinking softy?

Andy

For clear eye protectors you can try decent "workwear".

i.e. the classily designed Safety Goggles for chemical factory / other factory usage.

Cost not sure (But "Free" if you're that way inclined when you visit any good chemical factory/ lab.......)

:p

Hat?  I used a Thinsulate to begin with and then said stuff it and looked silly with chin strap and a peak.

Loss of self respect? a bit, but who cares at 60 mph on a country lane(cough) - Only when sitting around in town - and then you take it off as you aren't worrying about it flying off your bonce

:D

Not sure I'd survive without a windscreen...it's bad enough without the side-screens

Up to 70ish a aero is genuinely better than a screen and no side-screens. Above 70 it sgets progressively worse.

A aero of course doesn't stop stones, flies and rain (it hurst above 30) :devil:

Sounds like you need a tin top with heated seats, double glased windows and cup holders for your half of shandy  :cool:  :D  :p

Now why didn't I think of that?

Anyone wanna buy a Westfield? :)

Andy