Big girl's blouse

adhawkins

For your head, you want one of these:

Lowe Alpine Mountain Cap

mountain_cap.jpg

I have a pair of Oakley Switch Mag sunglasses, which wrap all the way around my eyes keeping the wind out completely. They are also amazingly light (and amazingly expensive - only got one pair of eyes though).

Jim

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• chrisbin

• Blatman

• neilwillis

Does that have a chin strap? The picture / web site aren't clear on that front. If not, what stops it flying off? :)

Andy

I usually for head gear use the cat that leapt off my bonnet onto my head as i roared off the drive!! for eyewear i use its tail or claws.  

:cool:  :t-up:  :)  :D

Aslo just ordered some skydiving goggles from dirt drive

thanks for link Mark M

Does that have a chin strap? The picture / web site aren't clear on that front. If not, what stops it flying off? :)

No chin strap. It's a snug fit though (or maybe I just have a big head  ;)  Actually I know I have a big head  :(  ) and there's a tensioning strap at the back.

The peak is flexible (but wired) so it won't be caught by the wind like a baseball cap would...

Jim

I have one the same, and I agree, it is a good snug fit.   There are 2 loops on the earflaps that you could rig something through too.

I've worn mine in gales on top of mountains, and it never came close to flying away.

But have you worn it while doing about 85 in a Westfield? ;)

Andy

No chin strap. It's a snug fit though (or maybe I just have a big head  ;)  Actually I know I have a big head  :(  ) and there's a tensioning strap at the back.

The peak is flexible (but wired) so it won't be caught by the wind like a baseball cap would...

Jim

Looks to me like those loops would go around your ears... :0  :0

I must sound a note of caution regarding all forms of headgear described in this thread.......

HATHAIR!!!!!

Which is worse, windswept and interesting, or hathair?

:cool:

Neil

HATHAIR  :0

know what you mean mate  :t-up:

I know some people who would sooner die from exposure than allow their immaculate grooming to be compromised.   Me?   Well, I fall into the wipe the grease down your chinos, I'll get a haircut when I can't see camp.

I just think it is fair to point out the pitfalls  :D

1.99 shades and a baseball cap. sorted

If my first experience with the beanie is anything to go by, you'd have to add

'and driving with one hand to stop it flying off'

:p

I've got one and it stays on at well over 85 there is a volume adjustment (eh?) at the back - the problem usually is a peak but on the Lowe hat you can button the peak back for those exuberant moments.

:cool:  :t-up:

If you are concerned for others in this world then help the struggling Bolivian economy and buy this You get a matching jumper too.

You know it makes sense

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :p  :p  :p